V1: Chapter 7

Interacting with other classes wasn't much of my forte. Shibata and I both landed a spot in the soccer team, somehow not becoming substitutes but leading players - along with someone from class D, Hirata Yosuke. We were beyond good is what they said. Other than interacting with the team and our class, I didn't particularly speak with others.

"Hey," I said, sitting at my desk where Shibata, Amikura, and Ichinose were speaking.

"Oh, Ayanokouji-kun you're finally here!" I checked the time. I arrived at the same time I usually do, but oh well, "After school, we were thinking about heading to that café everyone's been speaking about. Kanzaki-kun said he was busy and couldn't come, so you're the last one to ask!" Ichinose's usual bright smile blinded me.

"Yeah. Sure." I responded, my usual tone kicking in. Shibata shook his head funnily and rested his arm on my shoulder,

"You need to look more happy man. I guarantee you could be so popular if you just looked happier." He said.

"Sheesh Shibata. You know where it hurts." I said, feigning that he hurt feelings that don't exist, "My face is just stuck like this though, has been since I was young." He patted my shoulder and wiped a non-existent tear.

"Shibata-kun does have a point though Ayanokouji-kun," Amikura added, "See, your number #1 on the gloomy-guy list." She said, showing us her phone and scrolling past numerous lists that are exclusive to girls only.

'BoysWhoShouldDie'

'MostHandsomeBoys'

... and etcetera until she found the gloomy-guy list.

There it was. 

#1 Ayanokouji Kiyotaka

I placed my hand on my heart, "Wow. It's nice to know what you all think of me." I said, looking towards Ichinose and Amikura.

"Well Ayanokouji-kun, you're number #3 on the 'MostHandsomeBoys' list, that's great news!" Ichinose put herself in the conversation, getting up the top 3 boys on said list.

#1 Nagumo Miyabi

#2 Hirata Youske

#3 Ayanokouji Kiyotaka

"Even if you may look a little gloomy, you're still very attractive." She added, with an angelic smile.

"Ah, thank you Ichinose," I replied.

"If you guys are gonna flirt, you should just get together," Amikura said, rolling her eyes.

"N-No no... We're just friends..." Ichinose instantly responded, waving her hands and glancing at me.

"You never know," I said, teasing her as usual. This time, she turned away and rolled her eyes at me.

As that happened, Sensei walked in, beginning our class. So, we all sat down at our respective seats and waited for class to finish.

Two weeks into this school and I've been enjoying it to the fullest. I haven't seen Arisu though... I'd have thought she'd come running to find me. Poor choice of words from me. If she heard that she'd hit me. 

The class went by slowly so, to pass the time, I admired the outside through the window beside me. Although, I did keep feeling the eyes of someone on my head often. I turned to the direction it was coming from and Ichinose instantly moved her head, focusing her attention on the board.

I pulled out a pen from my pocket and ripped a piece of paper out of my book.

'Keep on staring. I don't mind'. I folded it up and then threw it on her desk. Sensei saw the altercation but continued the lesson as usual, like she'd been doing the last two weeks.