1

dorothea clark sat in her room, crossed legged on top of her bed.

she was texting her boyfriend who was failing to respond. she could have sworn he said they would hang out today.

after ten more minutes of no response, she decided to call him.

the phone rang once... twice... thrice... a fourth time... then he picked up.

"hello?" he grumbled from the other side of the phone.

"drew! hey!" she grinned.

"hi. what?" he snapped.

her face dropped and she fought the urge to chew on her nails.

"i just thought we we're gonna hang out today."

"why would you think that?"

"well, you told me."

"i didn't tell you anything, dot. quit making shit up."

"no! i'm not! i swear!"

"you are. i said nothing about hanging out."

she furrowed her eyebrows. she thought back to a couple days ago when he told her they should hang out friday. he'd told her he would text her... or so she thought.

"oh, ok... well, what are you doing right now?"

"leaving." he grunted as if he was moving something heavy.

"what? where are you going?" she asked.

"i'm going to italy." he stated.

what? italy? he had never told the girl anything about going to italy.

"what? like right now? how long are you going to be gone?"

"yes and i don't know. maybe the whole summer." he said in a manner that sounded as if he had just shrugged.

"the whole summer?! why didn't you tell me?" she shouted.

"i don't know! stop asking me so many fucking questions! god." he shouted this time, frustrated.

"i'm sorry, i just didn't know." she frowned.

"look, dot, i have to go."

"oh, bye! i love-" she was met with dial tone.

she sighed and dropped her phone on her bed. she began chewing on her nails.

why did he just leave? why didn't he tell her he was going to italy?

for dot, italy was one of her dream places. it was on her bucket list. he knew that.

he didn't have to invite her... but it would have been a nice thought.

"yo, you hanging out with drew today?" her older sister, evangeline, or eva, asking knocking at her door frame.

she shook her head and looked down.

"what's wrong?"

"i just found out he's going to italy for like the whole summer!" she exclaimed.

"what? when?"

"today!"

"oh shit. he didn't tell you before?"

the younger sister only shook her head.

"oh, dot i'm sorry." eva frowned.

"it's fine. it's whatever. im just gonna hang out with tori and ollie today." she decided, getting off of her bed.

"so, you're gonna go third wheel?" eva scoffed and crossed her arms.

"hey, if it wasn't for me, they wouldn't be together. i knew them before they knew each other. if that makes sense." she shook her head and went back to looking through her dresser.