Episode 7: A Trickster's Fate

LoneGhost as The Protector (Both of them)

the_gentle_joker as Vansilla/Vale

The TARDIS was going haywire, red lights flashing, sparks flying, and alarms sounding.

"We've severely miscalculated!" Shouted the 6th Protector.

"Hey, I just got here, who you calling 'we'?" The 8th Protector was frantically trying to keep the TARDIS in one piece as the 6th Protector scrambled to plot a course.

"Someone's been busy playing around with time. Fixed points, as well." 6 pointed out.

"Nice to know the Monk keeps himself occupied..." 8 commented. "Where are we going first?"

"The planet Kaldan, if that's alright with you. They were meant to declare their independence from the great and bountiful human empire but the Monk kept them subservient." 6 explained.

"Vale, any objections?" Asked 8.

"At the moment, no. We should try and seize every opportunity we can to stop the monk." Vale replied.

"And we'll have to hope your friends are doing the same." Said the 6th Protector.

"Caretaker and Savior, you mean?" 8 clarified. "I knew they couldn't keep their noses out of this..."

"Hold on, we were separated from them. I wonder what they're doing now." Said Vale.

"We'll catch up with them later. The timeline is more pressing right now." 8 decided. The two Protectors struggled to bring the TARDIS in for a landing on the surface of the alien world. The Police Box wheezed into being on the shores of a crowded beach, where it left scorch marks behind it while skidding to a stop on the sands.

A man stood above the crowd delivering an impassioned speech to his audience. "Think this through, citizens of Kaldan. Without the empire, you'd be stranded. You have plenty of enemies, but your world is dependent on human credits. Secession will only bring more hardship in these already trying times!"

"Deceiver!" The 8th Protector shouted, pointing at the man from the audience.

The crowd gasped and turn their attention to the two Protectors and Vale. The man faced them and to their surprise, it wasn't the face of the Meddling Monk under the cloak, but of John Burke, the man they'd met in Paris during the 1800s.

"Burke?" Said 8.

"Burke? What's he doing here?" Asked Vansilla.

"Excuse me, who is Burke?" Asked the 6th Protector.

"You'll know, someday. Assuming I figure it out myself..." 8 answered.

Burke seemed confused. "Sorry, but you have me mistaken. I'm the human ambassador of Kaldan, Joric."

"Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah." The 8th Protector stepped onto the stage and faced him, staring him down while placing her hands on her hips. "You said something like this would happen. I think I get the gist." She turned to face the crowd. "Listen, citizens of Kaldan. This man is not who he claims! He was sent from the future, or possibly even the past, to de-stabilize your foothold in intergalactic trade! You hold all the cards! Kaldan deserves independence, so take it!"

Burke turned to the Protector, turning off his communications device so the audience couldn't hear. "What the hell are you doing?"

"It's a good charade Burke, keep it up." She replied under her breath. "The order must really think you're one of the bad guys." 8 winked.