Chapter 17: Marcoh's Notes

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters except Isabella.

No POV 

Meanwhile, somewhere in the library in Central in the middle of the night. Lust and Gluttony are inside the library searching for a book, with Lust holding a candle stand in her hand. "One book in this whole mess. It's like searching for a needle in a stack of needles." Lust said to herself when she walks to where she can find a book. Unaware that Scar is behind one of the shelves, examining her. "It can't be..." Scar said to himself when he remembers his brother and his brother's lover. Lust gasped and turn to see who it was. 

"Someone there?" Lust called when Scar came out of the shadows in front of her. "So, you're him. What are you here for, scarred man?" Lust asked him. "You look like her. But that can't be possible." Scar said to her. "Mmm, what smell is that? It's like an Ishbalan with tasty blood caked all over his hands." Gluttony said as he chuckles with blood on his mouth and teeth. 

"Let me guess. You've come here to take care of the Fullmetal pipsqueak, and the Flower girl, haven't you? But we can't have that. We have our own special needs, after all. They have to keep searching for the Philosopher's Stone." Lust said to him. "You're using those two?" Scar asked her as she chuckles. "Silly me, now I think I've said too much." Lust said to him. "Oh, Lust, does that mean I get to eat him, too?" Gluttony asked her as she smiles, and the two started to go at it.

 "Humankind cannot gain anything, without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only truth."

{Opening song} 

Ready Steady Go!/ L'Arc~en~Ciel

"Marcoh's Notes" 

Isabella's POV 

We finally made it to Central, and Ed got all excited about this. "Central! It's good to be back! But why are westanding around when the library's waiting for us?" Ed questioned as he runs off. "Brother, wait for us!" Al called out when the two of us catch up to him. "Come on. What's the big rush, kids? It's not as if the library's going anywhere." Armstrong said to us as he catches up. "After all this searching, we've got our first solid lead! I can't just sit on my butt now." Ed said to him. "He's right." I said to him as well when we see two soldier whose names are Maria Ross and Denny Bloch there saluting. 

"Major Armstrong, sir, we've been sent to meet you here as you requested." Maria said to him as we looked confused by all of this, when Armstrong saluted. "Well done, troops. I need to go directly to H.Q. and get back to my other duties. From now on, these two will be guarding you. Introduce yourselves." Armstrong said to them as they do what he said while saluting. "Lieutenant Maria Ross, reporting sir!" Maria said to us. "And I'm Sergeant Denny Bloch, humbly at your service." Denny said to us also.

 "It is an honor to meet you Fullmetal Alchemist, Edward Elric, and Flower Alchemist, Isabella Rockbell, sir and ma'am!" Maria and Denny said all together when Ed sulked. "Wow! You two certainly live up to your names, sir and ma'am. When they say Fullmetal and Flower, they really aren't kidding!"D enny said to Al and me, mistaking Al as Ed. "Uh. You're talking to the wrong people." Al said to him while pointing to where Ed sulking. 

"I'm used to it by now." Ed said to them when Denny freaks out. "Really you mean those little guys?!" Denny questioned when Ed faced him with a scary look on his faces. "Sorry, sorry, sir! It's just Ithought you'd be fuller and more, more metal." Denny said to him. "Shut up!" Ed said to him as he stood up. "Come on, Major, we don't need babysitters anymore! We've all been fully repaired!" I said to Armstrong.