Chapter Fifteen - Moving On

21 February 2020

Score - Call Me Maybe - Carly Mae Jepsen

Lydia

My brain is short-circuiting. There is absolutely no way this is happening right now.

I am feeling all sorts of things, but I can't make out a single emotion. It's all amalgamated and fused altogether, and I can't really tell where euphoria ends, and confusion starts, or how exactly fear is fitting into the mix.

All I know is Patrick's kissing me right now, and his hands are cupping my face, holding me still.

I can practically hear, loud and clear, Gloria's victorious shrieks in my headspace. I told you so! I fucking told you so!

Patrick fancies me. Well, he hasn't said that yet, but his actions are speaking louder than words at the moment.

When the excitement from this realization gradually dissipates, another wave crashes over me.

Yesterday, I hadn't been kissed before, and now, I'm kissing a second guy in less than twelve hours.

Way to go, Lydia!

I can't help the flashback of Mark's kiss from last night, flicking quickly in my mind, while I'm kissing Patrick. Before I realize what I'm doing, I begin to compare them in my mind.

Patrick's kiss is a little cautious as if he wasn't really sure whether to take the leap, but now that he has and I haven't slapped him, he wants to make full use of it. It's sweet and a little desperate, while Mark's kiss was more confident, more claiming.

But all I know is, I can't get enough. If Patrick kisses the life out of me, I wouldn't mind at all.

Patrick finally breaks our kiss, his hands still cupping my face. He opens his eyes and finds mine, caution and an unspoken question pouring out of his eyes and onto my face.

We stare at each other for a few seconds, before I finally let out a small laugh.

"Wow," is all I can say. My face is hot and I'm sure I'm matching Patrick's complexion right now.

"I should be the one, saying that," he chuckles in response.

"I agree with whatever it is you wanted to talk about there," I laugh. Patrick's entire being sighs with relief and he leans in to kiss me again. More assertive this time.

When we break apart again, he starts speaking, way too quickly.

"I really like you, Lydia. Like, very much. I've liked you since the first day we met in school. I am sorry it took me so long to man up and tell you, but I'd really like to take you out on a date when we go back home. If that's OK with you, of course."

He's so sweet! He's flushed, and nervous, and it is obvious he's still scared I might push him away, despite not smacking him, when he kissed me. His eyes are gleaming with excitement, his cheeks are red like apples and heat is practically radiating off his body.

A grin, which threatens to split my face in half, twists my lips.

"I'd love that."

And then, before I can stop myself,

"Gloria will be ecstatic!"

My hand shoots up to cover my mouth, but it's already late. The words are out. I'm nervous and flustered, and I can't keep my fucking mouth shut!

Patrick's brows pull in, confusion spreading across his beautiful face.

"Gloria?"

"She's been telling me that you fancy me since you joined our school, basically," I shrug my shoulders.