Chapter Two - Lord of the Board

19 February 2020

Score: Lords of the Boards - Guano Apes
Mark

Of course, I was right in my predictions of how this vacation is about to happen. Alex and Nate lock themselves in the boys' designated room the literal instant the Baby Lord's footmen search and clear the chalet. Lydia and Gloria share smug smiles and go to their room to unpack and gush over what their friend must be going through in the boys' room right now, and I am left with the fucking Baby Lord himself in the common area.

It is more of a hallway, than a seating area, with the doors to the two rooms opposite each other, and a couple of leather armchairs and a desk next to a crackling log burner. The rooms are pretty decent-sized, each having a living area with sofas and armchairs and an en suite bathroom with a jacuzzi. It is called the chalet for a reason. The furniture is very alpine-style, and the slanted roof and log burner give it a very cabin-esque vibe.

It'd be pretty nice if I didn't have to share it with a couple of horny bunnies, my two oldest female friends, and the fucking Baby Lord.

It'd be pretty nice to bring a girl here, or have a proper brocation, but, here we are.

"So, Patrick..." I try to break the awkward silence. A loud thud, followed by giggling and muffled moans from the room, where Alex and Nate have retired to, make us both let out stifled laughs.

Ah, young love!

"Do you want to get out of here?" I ask him, giving in. Anything would be better than this. "We can go grab drinks."

"I'm sixteen," Patrick says, shaking his head.

Just as I am about to offer to buy him booze (I've reached a new low point in my life, I know), the door to the girls' room opens and Lydia walks out, clad from head to toe in her orange and blue Never Summer snowboarding gear, carrying her all-mountain board under her arm. Gloria is following in her footsteps, wearing a bathrobe with the hotel's logo embroidered at the front. Her hair is wrapped in a towel and she is wearing flip-flops.

Jesus, I should have become a fortune-teller.

"I'm thinking about skipping dinner and hitting the slopes instead," Lydia says with a wide grin.

"Ooh, a little night ride! This sounds fun!" I say, rubbing my hands together.

"Fucking psychos..." Gloria walks past Patrick and I, shaking her head. "I'm going to the spa before dinner, mum and auntie Lizzy are already there. Don't get killed out there, OK?" She yanks the door open and exits dramatically.

Gloria, never going to change...

"I'm gonna catch some corduroy," Lydia says, walking past me and the Baby Lord. "You guys coming, or what?"

Fifteen minutes later, Lydia, Patrick, and I are fully equipped and outside the hotel. Turns out the Baby Lord's into snowboarding, as well. Who would have thought...
He's dressed in Burton, head to toe, his neon yellow snowboarding jacket and pants a stark contrast to my all-black gear.

"I'm going for the cruiser run." Patrick nods his head in the direction of the smooth trail lying to our right. There are just a few people, mostly skiers, cruising in a relaxed manner, and a few children, taking advantage of the time before dinner.

"I knew you were a gaper," I say, walking towards the lifts.

"I just don't like night rides. And I'm not very familiar with these runs." Patrick shouts my way.

"Whatever you say, mate! Whatever makes you feel better!" I wave my black mitten-clad hand in the air. Patrick smiles and shakes his head, heading slowly towards the cruiser.