Highway

Camila POV

****

"Tell me again why do I need to study?" I ask my friend Maria. She rolls her eyes and sighs. "Babe," she looks at me, "you need education. As you're tutor I need to get you studying."

"I'm literally mafia heiress. I have already my future planned."

She breathes in and out. Silence, the loudest thing ever actually. She is scary when she doesn't talk. I have a feeling like she is going to jump me. "I'm so done with you," she finally says something. Her hand goes through her hair. She looks at me. "You're lucky, do you know that?" Her phone rings before I could answer. "Yeah dad. I'm at Camila's, you know tutoring her," a long pause takes place and her eyes shift away, "yes sir. I'll be there in 20." She hangs up and looks at the floor. I place my hand gently on her back. "What did he say this time?" I try to see her face but her long hair gets in the way. "My usual dad. Nothing new, but I do have to go." I nod. "I'll call my servant to send you out," I say reaching to grab my phone. "Do you know that I love you?" She finally looks at me, little tears are in her eyes. "I do. You're my world."

My whole family is at the dinner table. My dad is at the head of the table and at the opposite side is my mom. Me and my brother Zion are just sitting randomly, we don't quite have a special spot, like my dad.

"How was the practice son?" my dad asks. "Actually it wasn't as good like usually," he said fixing his posture. My dad puts down his fork and knife, he looks at Zion. "You have to get yourself together. If you can't fight or shoot, you cannot inherit my business." My father looks at me and says: "Look at your sister, she has perfect skills. I guess I know who got my genes." At the last sentence he looks sharply at my brother. "Anthony!" my mother yells out dad's name. Usually mafia bosses don't care about anybody. Some even underestimate their wives, not my dad. My dad thinks of my mom very highly.

She raises her eyebrow to my dad, that's her sign telling my dad that he crossed the line a little. Dad has been actually always stricter to my brother than me. I think that he just wants that Zion will grow up just as powerful like he is.

"I'm sorry baby," he mouthed. Mom smiled slightly. "Mom, when I'm done with my studies can I go to Maria's?" She looks at dad. "Daddy please!" I look at him begging. "I'm fine with everything princess." I look back at mom. "Mommy?" She nods. I give her a big smile.

"So what happened this time?" I ask from my brother. We are in his room. He is getting ready for something, I don't know for what. I'am lying on his bed. "I had some shit to take care of. Nothing important." He picks up a leather jacket. "That's ugly." He looks at me. I shrug my shoulders: "What?" He gives me the look. "You gifted me this." He smirks. "I guess I had a bad taste then. Hey! Where you going anyways?" I ask him out of curiosity. "Out with friends." When I heard the word "friends" my eyes sparkled. He has very hot friends. "I wanna come," I get out of the bed and start running out of his room, "I don't take a no for a answer!"

I found something to wear, finally. I have to look good for his friends. I found some ripped black jeans and a red top. Also some jewelry.

 Also some jewelry