Almost, love

Alejandro's POV

****

An hour has passed since I stormed out. Do I truly know so little about my brother's life? How could I not know that he was engaged? When we were little, we didn't see each other often, you know, divorced parents and all. Due to this factor, our relationship is not as close as previously thought, and I was unaware of our significant distance. This thought hit me hard, he was engaged.

The fact that I kissed his ex-fiance makes me feel awful, as a brother. I can't say that I can say the same as a friend for him. Camila, regardless of his relationship with her, has messed up my mind. I shouldn't do this, but...there is something between us.

Having a deep thought about what just happened and what to do, I made a decision. "I need you to do something personal to me," I talked with my assistant. "Sure thing, what is it?" she answered. "I need to get a phone number."

"Ahh, another woman you saw?" she giggles. Can't say that it is my first time, she has helped me to get random women's numbers. "Sort of."

She got me the number fast, and I texted her, hoping she wouldn't ignore me. For the first time, I was actually nervous, and that's the only thing I can recall. I just really want to get answers. I have never gone to a woman's place with another intention than usual, I really do sound like an ass.

Even though that, I was already in front of the Baltazar's mansion. So she has no other decision to let me in or talk with me in my car.

At the corner of my eye, I saw her shape. I looked at her, she is dressed thin, does she really think that this will only take a minute? I mean, I could finish within ten or fifteen minutes, but this isn't about sex. With this topic, we will talk definitely for an hour.

After talking to her through me car, she invites me in. When I parked my car, she was waiting for me on the steps. I want to test something. After closing the car door, I began walking towards her.

Standing real close to her, our bodies almost touching each other. I tilted my head down to look her in the eye. Her breathing increased when I placed my palm on her cheek. Proved my point right there. To be honest, that made me feel better, she wasn't using me because of my brother. "Let's go."

I am impressed by the house. I underestimated their family's wealth. Even though it is dark, I can see the massive chandelier shining above the double stairways. When I was looking around, she snuck in front of me. "Come on already," she whispered on the stairway.

Following her upstairs, I couldn't keep my eyes tamed. For my excuse, she is wearing short pants. "I can feel you staring," she says to herself, because it was so quiet I heard her anyway. "Love, can you blame me?" I gently touched her thigh. "Alejandro."

Camila said my name differently. The way she said it, her tone, was unlike her. There was no emotion. I immediately reacted and pulled my hand back.

Camila's POV

****

"We can talk normally here, walls are pretty thick," I closed the door behind him. He looked carefully around my room. "You can sit here," I pointed at the couch. He silently sat down. "I want answers," he immediately said when we made eye contact. "Anything."

"When did it happen? How long? Why did you not get married to him?" It's hard to think about Alex and me. I've made an effort to forget those memories. All those emotions are coming flooding back. "Year and a half. I broke things off with him, he did unforgettable things." My throat feels dry. It's hard to talk about it. Just imagine, the man that you love with your whole heart, cheats on you several times. I forgave him for that, as crazy as it sounds. Men can break my heart, I will still forgive them. I believe in second chances, even though I forgave Alex more than two times. But if you go after my family, that's crossing the line.