Trouble

Camila POV

****

"Can I stay over?" Maria asks me. "Is it even a question? Of course, you can!" I hug her. "I'll call my mom and tell her," she smiles. I nod and leave the room to tell my parents.

I walked downstairs and went to the kitchen, because my mother is baking us a cake.

"Mom, Maria is staying over," I sat down on the island's stool. "Sure, whatever," she turns around with a spoon in her hand, "baby, try this. It's my new cake filling recipe," I take a bite and eat it slowly, to taste all the flavors. I look at her wide-eyed. "It's absolutely amazing, mom!"

Back at my room I notice that my sister has joined us. They are both sitting on my fluffy curved couch. "Sofia?" I raise my eyebrow. She smiles, like a little angel. "I was just telling Maria about my trip," she tells me. "Nice, leave now. Please," I point my hand towards the door. She glances at Maria. "Well I don't mind about her being here," Maria says.

I roll my eyes and shut the door. "Mom is cooking by the way." She bites her lip and then says: "I'd rather be here."

"Fine."

"Hey!" Maria gets my attention,"you said that you have something weird to tell me. What is it? " I lay on my stomach and look at her. "Well, someone is here so I can't." Sofia pretends to be hurt: "Why can't I never get to know any secrets!"

"Because you can't hold them!" Maria raises her arms in the air. "Hold up, no fighting, she can stay with us, no fighting back." Sofia looks at Maria and gives her a grateful look.

I sat next to Maria. "You know the sexy one of my brother friends right?"

"Never seen him, but okay." Sofia shouts: "Alejandro?!"

"I think, I think! That our neighbor didn't hear, yell more one more time?" I say sarcastically. I love my sister but now, I don't want to talk about it. "Sorry, I'm just excited to be included."

"Alejandro and I had a little peculiar moment," I continue. Maria covers her mouth. "Firstly, when I woke up in the hospital, he was there. He stayed with me! He chose me over Zion. Like I just met him." Maria interrupts me: "I think that he just wanted you to be safe, you're his friends' sister. It's just logical."

"Let me have my moment," I roll my eyes and continue, "anyway, then we cuddled. That wasn't even that weird cuddle, it was like meant to be. He held me like a teddy bear."

"He's just being flirty," Sofia suddenly says, "he is like this with me all the time." I tilt my head and look at her. "You're friends with him?"

"Oh yeah. We met like last year."

Well, this just ruined my special time with him.

"Why didn't I know anything about it?" Before she could answer, there was a small knock. "Yes?" I shout. Zion opens the door. "Hey, I just wanted to see how are you?" he looks deeply into my eyes. I give him a warm smile. "I'm fine, like always."

Zion has already asked the same question five times. After the accident he has been really worried about me.

He nods slowly after my response. Then he realizes that I'm not alone. "Hello Maria." I feel how Maria just froze. Zion walks into my room now, still looking at Maria.

I know that my brother is definitely Maria's type. You know the typical -- curly hair and short on the sides, big, bright smile, tallish, good style for sure.

I'm a big fan of romance novels, so I know that basically every one of them has this kind of situation. Even if I want them to hook up they can't, because my brother has a girlfriend.