Thunder's Story Part 2 OF 3 Discovering the Past

Some time had passed now. Thunder was growing up it was time for him to know the truth of his past.

Thunder was playing in the grass. His parents were watching him play. Then the alpha landed next to them. They bowed. He saw Thunder playing in the grass. He looked at Thunder's father. The alpha dragon then spoke and said, 'How is he doing brother?'. Thunder's Dad then said to his brother, 'He is good, he is very smart.' The Alpha looks at Thunder's parents and says, 'He is ready, it is time!' Thunder's parents look shocked and says, 'He is so young are you sure. I know he is the first born but he is still so young.' The alpha looks at them and says, 'I know but he is going to be a very powerful Nightlight. If he going to be the next Alpha, he needs to know where he came from. He needs to learn everything. '

Thunder's parents agree. They fly off into the cave and watch the Alpha Nightfury to see what he shows Thunder.

Thunder is playing in the grass. The Alpha walks up to him and says, 'Hello Thunder remember me?' Thunder looks at him and says, 'Yeah your my Uncle, aren't you? But wait your also the king! Sorry I forgot to bow.' Thunder quickly bows to The Alpha. The Alpha laughs and says, 'It is ok young one. I want to show you something.'

Thunder is interested and follows the Alpha. They fly off and take to the sky. They see a cave. They go into the cave and land. Inside the cave is a table with items on it Then on the wall is a dragon a Nightfury with people surrounding him. Thunder sees it he seems so confused. The alpha looks at the picture and looks at Thunder he says, 'This is Toothless he was the first Alpha Nightfury. This was during the time of Vikings, he met a Viking, and they showed the whole world that dragons can live in peace, That Nightfury met a Lightfury they became the kings and queens of the Hidden World. This world our current home. They had 3 children. Over time the Vikings visited us. Until it became unsafe in their world. After many generations the world changed that Viking him and his whole family came and lived here and protected us. It came my turn to take throne and I have been the Alpha ever since.'

Thunder was shocked of what he was hearing. Thunder replied and said, 'Wow, that is incredible I had no idea that our ancestors, were friends with people! But why did you bring me here?'

The Alpha dragon looked at Thunder and said, 'Just look your parents you are a direct descendent from the Mighty Alpha Toothless. You are next in line for the throne. When it is time, you will take the Throne and become the new Alpha. Toothless this Alpha had a plasma blast a powerful electrifying blast but over the decades we grew, and we got stronger. We channel lightning for our blasts and that is why we are the most powerful in our home. '

Thunder was shocked, he was so happy and scared. He said, 'Wow! I can't believe I get to be you. I could be like Toothless I could be friend people!'

The Alpha Snapped at him he said, 'NO! You cannot do that and here is why. He showed Thunder another painting. This one was not as friendly as the first painting.

This painting was showing people trapping and attacking Nightfuries. Then Toothless's friends protecting the Nightfuries.

The alpha looked at the painting and said, 'These people were good and protected us and our home for many years. But people can't be trusted anymore. If you were trapped they would kill you with out thinking of anything.

Thunder was shocked but he understood. He couldn't believe that people would do this. But he trusted and believed the Alpha Dragon.

The Alpha told Thunder that it would take some time and training, but he would one day be ready to take the throne. Thunder was excited and ready.