nope. nope. nope.

(Hailey POV) -2 days later-

This morning I woke up feeling like I got hit with a whole truck. I wasn't even hungover! Sure I stayed up until 2am but that's my idol's prime! I wrote 2 new songs last night too! But the feeling wasn't tired.. it was just total shit. So what do I do in this situation? Coffee and Advil. 

H- Ugh, I feel like shit.

J- The size of your coffee cup, and the amount of Advil you just took didn't help?

H- not at all. I might barf.

J- How about you rest! You were up all night!

H- 2am is NOT all night, and I'm not tired. 

J- Just rest! It's good for you anyways.

H- I guess.

I went up stairs with my huge cup of coffee in hand.  I got sleep for a couple hours, but the ill feeling was still lingering. So I set up an urgent care appointment, praying I could make it in and out peacefully, which was typically the case in this town. Pretty much everyone already knew me before I was famous. 

-Later at the urgent care-

Just as I expected, everyone already knew me in there. No crazy crowds anywhere.

I checked in and went into the waiting room.

I never knew how paranoid I could get from a room full of coughing people when I also felt like shit. 

-20 minutes later-

?- Hailey Austin?

I stood up slowly and walked to the door where the nurse was standing, and I felt all of the eyes in the room land on me. So I walked quicker as she escorted me to the closest empty room.

Nurse- So what seems to be bothering you today, superstar?

I recognized the nurse as one of the girls from the year above that presented us with our trophy at the band competition back in Junior year.

H- I've been feeling ill for a few days, but today it got a lot worse so I decided to come in.

Nurse- I see, any changes in your medical history I need to be aware of?

H- Nope!

Nurse- So what kind of symptoms have you got?

H- Pounding headache, nauseous, and all of that fun stuff.

Nurse- uh huh... Now has there been any sexual intercourse in your life these past weeks?

I nodded, not wanting her to assume what I think she's going to assume.

Nurse- was there protection involved?

THAT'S WHAT WE FORGOT! SHIT. SHIT. SHIT.  (Now i'm wondering why my brain decided that would forget about that-)

H- well, no..

Nurse- Well I think we know what test to put in first don't we?

H- -sigh- fine. I doubt it though.

- After the tests-

I was sitting alone in the exam room, praying that it wasn't what the nurse thought it was. 

I opened my phone and frantically scrolled through fan edits of the NYC midnight kiss, and from this angle it was absolutely adorable.

I must've zoned out because next thing I knew 10 minutes had passed and the nurse walked in holding a pregnancy test towards herself.

I took a deep breath, terrified for either answer, I didn't want either but i also wanted them both.

Nurse- This test is negative-

H- Oh thank god! 

...

...

Nurse- but.. uh.. the lab said that they would need to test it again because this one had a defect.. so we're waiting on that one.

H- oh. 

Nurse- so that's gonna be another 15 minutes, and  your other tests for the flu and stuff are all negative.

H- Okay, thanks.

-15 minutes later- 

the Nurse returned, and she didn't seem happy this time.

I heard my heart pounding in my ears

Nurse- Superstar, I don't know how to say this but..

you're 

...

...

Negative again!

H- I swear! You enjoy scaring me.

Nurse- from what I'm getting out of this, you might just be intolerant to something you ate in the last few days. So you're reacting to it.

H- Okay, thanks!

-Back home-

The pregnancy tests at the urgent care weren't at all convincing to me. They were "defective" and I was paranoid from it, so I went to a small store and bought 2 more myself, and as soon as I was able to sneak them around Jake I went and checked one fully for any defects before I used it. 

clear.

-10 minutes later-

I went to check the test in it's hiding spot.

heart pounding..

Positive.

this can't be real, Nope. nope. nope. 

but it makes sense.. should I tell him? Who do I tell first? OH MY GOD THIS IS REALLY HAPPENING.