(12) Together forever

3rd Person POV:

Albert and Kaden had been dating for 2 years now, and this is not how they thought things would go. Albert had gotten severly ill, he was in and out of hospital all the time, Kaden was always sad even though Albert tried to stay optimistic. One day, everything seemed fine, they were both just hanging out as usual, when suddenly Albert collapsed. Kaden was worried so he drove Albert to the hospital. He waited hours, not even being able to see his lover and hoping, praying he would be ok. After what seemed like an eternity, Kaden was called through by a doctor. The news he was given made him break, he fell to his knees in tears. "I'm sorry, but I don't think Albert has got very long left and he won't be able to leave the hospital unless a miricale happens." Kaden covered his mouth so he didn't scream or choke. "You can spend his final days with him." The doctor explained. Kaden nervously walked into the room, seeing his love like this made him want to break down again, but he didn't, for Albert's sake. He smiled and took a seat next to his lover, "A-re you ok?" Kaden asked, choking back tears. Albert nodded weakly, "Good." Kaden smiled. He wasn't really sure what to say in this situation, "Kaden," Albert spoke quietly, Kaden turned his attention to what was being said "Will you hold my hand?" He asked. Kaden nodded, grabbing ahold of Albert's "Of course." They both tried their best to talk normally for a while, they had conversations about games they liked, places they wanted to go, foods they enjoy and stuff like that. It got later and later, until Kaden looked out of the hospital window and realised it was pitch black. It was 10 o'clock at night. "Albert I should probably think about getting sleep." Kaden explained, getting up. Albert tightend his grip on Kaden's hand, "Please don't leave." He whined quietly. "Albert I-" Albert interuppted him "Please don't let go of my hand Kaden." He pleaded, weakly. Kaden sat back down, "Albert I have to-" Kaden was interrupted again, "I want to hold your hand forever Kaden, I'm going to die and I won't let go, so we can be together forever. I want to die holding your hand." Albert explained. Kaden tried so hard not to cry, but he couldn't help it. He didn't want Albert to die, but it was sweet that Albert wanted to hold his hand. Albert sat up to hug Kaden, wrapping his arms around him and squeezing him the best he could. "It's ok Kaden, I love you." "I love you too." Kaden choked. "I don't want to leave you." Albert felt himself start to cry a bit too, "We will still be together forever Kaden, I promise." Kaden smiled, calming down slightly.

A few days had passed, Kaden hadn't left the hospital and he barely let go of Albert's hand. With each day, Albert got weaker and weaker. He had good treatment but he wasn't getting any better and on one night, when it was late and everything was quiet, "Kaden, I love you very much." Albert said as he cried. "I love you too." Kaden replied. Albert's grip tightend on Kaden's hand, Albert knew what was coming. "Goodbye my love." Albert smiled. Kaden began silently sobbing. Albert was gone not even a second after that, flatline followed by silence followed by people crowding the room. It all happened to fast for Kaden, he was silent but tears fell. He was pushed out of the room by hospital staff. He kissed Albert's cold cheek and was pulled away by doctors. He was advised to go home and get some sleep. When he got home, it just didn't feel right. He had been living with Albert for 2 years and now he was alone. It felt cold and quiet. Kaden went to the room the two used to share. The room was messy, the bed was unmade and Kaden just couldn't take it. He fell to the floor, crying, choking, wishing he could have taken Albert's place. He couldn't do it without his lover, he couldn't live without him. "I'm sorry Albert..." He sobbed. He knew Albert would never had approved what he was about to do, but none of that mattered right now. Kaden went downstairs, going to the kitchen and grabbingt a knife. "I just can't carry on without you here...I love you, I'm sorry."

Kaden fell to the ground, dropping the knife, a pool of blood forming around him. He smiled, he could reunite with his lover now.

And they could be together forever.

Fin
790 Words