38) Forgive Me

Vennelas Point of View

*****

I woke up feeling my throat tightening. My head hurts. My whole body is aching and I could feel myself, putting a lot of pressure on my body. I'm feeling very weak. I don't want to open my eyes right now but I'm restless. Theres pain somewhere and i can't figure out where exactly.

What's happening with me?

"Try to be very still"I hear someone's voice. The voice is soothing. I feel myself wanting to hear more of that voice.

"Don't move too much. You're gonna be okay"the voice whispered. I could recognise it as my husband's voice.

Jay.

I slowly opened my eyes. The light is too much for me. I shut my eyes tight and then opened it slowly. My eyes travelled across the room. Then I felt someone sitting right next to me. I titled my head and his eyes met with mine.

Jay is checking my pulse. He's looking at me. Theres guilt in his face but also anger. His eyes are accusing me, still searching for answers. He's looking at me the way a doctor looks at a patient and nothing like a husband. Theres no concern and tenderness in his eyes.

Tears rolled down mine. I bit my lips hard not to cry.

"You have to take rest. I've taken your blood samples and your report will be here in an hour"he said, coldly.

"What- what happened?"I asked slowly.

"Do not bother"that's all he say. He left my hand and walked to one corner of the room. That's when I realise that I'm not in the hospital. It's our bedroom. What happened?

"Water"I mumbled. I saw him walking outside the room.

I struggled to sit. I saw needle attached to my hand with IV-line. Theres glucometer, bp appartus and medical kits in the table. Tears are flowing non stop from my eyes. I managed to sit without stressing my right arm.

I'm wearing a shirt above my saree. It's Jay's shirt. I slowly closed my eyes and focused. I recall what exactly happened.

I was at the hospital, searching for Jay. When I enquired to other doctors they told me that he left. I wondered what went wrong. I tried calling him but he ignored my calls. So I headed back home. It was almost night when I walked in. He was sitting in the couch with bleeding hands and a mess around the room. I was concerned but he shouted at me. He accused me of kissing Dr. Ajay. He went insane and pushed me.

He pushed me.

And then he tried to force himself upon me.

He forced himself on me.

I felt disgusted and i couldn't stop myself from bursting into tears. How can he do this to me? I loved him. And this is what he did. Is that all he had for me? His trust?

I saw him walking inside the room with a jug. He placed it on the table and poured a glass for me. I'm not looking at him. I don't want to look at him. I'm so scared and terrified.

He came closer and forwarded a glass.

"Drink. It's ORS. You're weak. Your BP had gone down"he said. His voice is still cold.

Even though I didn't wanted him there I took the glass and quietly drank it. I felt a bit better.

"I'm leaving. Call me if you need something"he said.

"Jay"I called him. He paused but he didn't turn towards me.

"I need to go. I'm alright. Remove this from my hand"I said calmly. He looked at me but I'm staring at the ground. Tears are flowing continously from my eyes.