chapter eighteen- the lake

VANESSA

It's been a month since I've been living in the middle of the woods, and I've got to say it is quite peaceful. I found out that my mom and dad are at the verge of death not so long ago and I just can't grief them properly.

There is nothing to grief, I have little to zero memories with them and every time I try to take a trip down memory lane I pass out.

I feel blood rush to nose, so I sniff and keep my gaze on the moist leaf covered ground.

''A penny for your thoughts?'' Dantes voice comes from behind me snapping me out of my thoughts.

''Your voice is deep'' I blurt out.

''And yours is sweet, too sweet...'' he replies trailing off. I stop in my tracks, causing Dantes body to almost tumble over mine when his abs collide with my back.

''Whoa, we have been taking this route for weeks and never saw a lake here-'' I say with my eyes wide.

''Well, that's because I wanted to take a different route today'' he says taking a step back.

Turning around I prepare myself to charge at him ''So you knew that there was landscape worthy lake out here, but you continued taking me on long boring walks? Oh my-did you bring me out here to murder me?'' I say interrupting myself and taking a step back.

He chuckles and takes a step closer ''If I wanted you dead, I would've done it a long time ago, mammina'' he says before grabbing me by the waist and looking deep into my soul.

My eyes fall to his slightly curved lips and then his hazel eyes.

''Did you just call me your mother?'' I accidentally ask out loud ask and I instantly feel like jumping into the lake and drowning myself.

''Yes'' he answers honestly.

Honesty is the best policy.

''Are you blushing?'' he teases after we stared into each other's souls. ''No'' I cover it up by coughing but the smirk on his face tells me that he doesn't buy it.

''How many piercings do you have?'' I ask out of curiosity. He does a little thinking face almost as though he is contemplating on whether to tell me or not.

''Both my ears are pierced and the other one is a mystery that you will probably find out.'' he says struggling to hide the smirk on his face.

''How about you?''

''Both of my ears are also pierced and the other two are a mystery'' I say using his words from not so long ago against him.

He looks at me with dilated pupils whilst probably trying to figure out where the other two are.

''Wanna swim?'' he asks out of the blue.

''Sure, but I didn't bring a swimsuit or any extra clothes-'' he interrupts me by saying ''You can swim in my shirt-if you want, or if you can swim.''

''It's okay, toss me your shirt and be sure to turn around when I change'' I demand.

I take my shoes off but when I reach the hem of my pants, I feel a stare burning a hole through my curves. I jerk head up and find Dante blank staring at me. ''What?''

''Nothing just taking off my shirt'' he says before ripping his white shirt off his body, showcasing his lickable abs and breathtaking tattoos. 

HE FUCKING HAS TATTOO'S THAT LOOK LIKE THEY WERE DONE BY A PROFESSIONAL, SMASHHHH.

(Just pretend the guy has rock hard abs)