chapter nine- overthinking

hope you enjoy reading

I love you sm

<3

________________________________________________________________________________

ALEX

''Uh, I'm not quite sure, could do with the extra cash though but I need time to think'' she replies.

''Call me once you change your mind, Peaches''

''S-Sure, have a nice day'' she manages to squeak out.

I hold back a chuckle, ''Will  do''

After hanging up I get ready for my meeting with an important client.

. . .

I sit down and position my phone on top of the wooden desk in the study. Our family doctor Steve asked me to stop by his office and I kindly refused and suggested he video calls instead. 

''Morning Doc. How has Vanessa's state been since the last time I came over?''

''Morning son, she has been responding pretty well actually and yesterday nurses have reported that there has been a few twitches in her eye and slight movement in her fingers.''

''However this morning she woke up and she doesn't seem to remember being pregnant or overdosing on sleeping pills, her last memory was of her agreeing to date a guy named John in order to join their families''

''That happened before I met her''  I whisper out of disbelief.

Is this the universe telling me to shoot my shot again?

''Exactly son, make the most of this, see it as a second chance to love her properly''

''Yeah, when will she be discharged?'' 

''I'm keeping her in for a month just to run some tests and check for any progress'' I nod and wave goodbye at a loss of words.

I'll be flying off to Bali by the time she's discharged. Fuck.

ELEONORA

After I bought some coffee I stop by the small flower shop from across the street cause the roses in my mom's hospital room look dead.

I greet the receptionist and she nods signaling that I can go to my mom's room.

I adjust my pants and take a few mirror selfies in the elevator for Instagram. 

I take a seat on the chair near the bed, throw out the old roses out and replace them with the new ones

Pink roses were always her favourite, I'd do anything just to see the colour of her eyes again.

''Ciao mamma, volevo solo controllarti di nuovo. I dottori hanno detto che dovevo venire a staccare il tuo supporto vitale, ho detto loro che sono pazzi'' my vision starts to blur and this time I let the tears roll down my cheek freely.

(translation: Hi mom, I just wanted to check on you again. The doctors said I had to come and switch off your life support, I told them that they're crazy)

''Mamma non voglio perderti, per favore svegliati'' my voice cracks and I try to control my breathing.

(translation: Mom I don't wanna l lose you, please wake up)

''Presto compirò 22 anni, sono passati 10 anni...''

(translation: I'm turning 22 soon, it's been 10 years now...)

''Non ho mai avuto la possibilità di dirlo tu questo ma, quando avevo 12 anni mi hai chiesto di nascondermi e dopo aver visto quel mostro prenderti a calci in testa... ho chiamato la polizia, solo per scoprire che il poliziotto di turno era suo amico.'' I feel the lump in my throat starting to form again.

(translation: Never got the chance to tell you this but, when I was 12 you asked me to hide and after seeing that monster kick the shit out of your head... I called the cops, only to find out out that t-the policeman that was on duty was his friend.)

''Hanno chiamato un'ambulanza e hanno detto cose che non erano vere. Dopo che quel mostro e il suo amico hanno ripulito il tuo sangue dal pavimento e dal tappeto, il suo amico mi ha visto sbirciare da dietro le tende.'' I find it difficult to breath and I start gasping for air.

(translation: They called an ambulance and the said some things that weren't true. After that monster and his friend cleaned your blood off the floor and rug his friend saw me peeking from behind the curtains.)

''A-And t-they touched me mom, t-they t-took my innocents and they took t-turns mom.''

''I should've told you earlier, b-but I was too afraid'' my voice is all hoarse from how dry my throat is.

. . .

After having my second mental break down in front of her I left and went back to my  childhood home. Yep I ended up here after I was kicked out from my apartment.

I slowly twist my keys in the keyhole below the door knob to avoid any interaction with my stepdad aka the guy that forced me to become an underage stripper.

Pushing the door open and quietly and closing it, but before I am able to turn my back the smell on cheap alcohol invades my nostrils.

 Ronald presses my body against the door and I can feel his hard small uncircumcised dick dig into my ass  ''A little too sneaky don't you think, bitch?'' 

__________________________________________________________________________

My heart hurts for Eleonora

A little double update or whatever...

thank you for reading

I love you sm

<3