chapter seventeen- acceptance

''Never mind I'll find someone like you'' 

hits way too close to home.

hope you enjoy reading!

love you, bestie.

<3

TW: ...

________________________________________________________________________

DAMIANO

*In his dream

Taking a walk around the very colorful flower garden that Aurora would've loved, I pick up a random lit blunt floating in the air and stick it in my mouth. Inhaling her familiar scent.

I scan the garden until my eyes land on a blonde sitting by herself near the riverbank.

I push myself off the tree that appeared not so long ago and swim over to her. This shit is working faster than any normal blunt ever would.

''Hey Mimi'' her sweet voice feel like a cup of cold water in the middle of the night.

''Rori?'' I say, confusion clear in my voice.

''You never looked like the 'settling down type' , you're getting married soon! '' she says using air quotes.

''Rori, I haven't been in a relationship since you...I'm far from finding love let alone settling down'' I say feeling the lump rising up my esophagus.

Once she turns her head to me, I notice how pale her skin looks. My heart clenches at how cold she must feel in her coffin, sometimes I just want to exhume her, rip her coffin open and wrap her small frame around my arms.

''Just a little heads up, buddy. I want you to love her more than you ever loved me'' she says with a small smile up her face.

''I truly hate to turn up out of the blue but after seeing you so sad I couldn't stay away I couldn't fight it. I'd hoped that maybe after you saw my face, you'd be reminded that for you, it isn't over yet'' she says with a slight squeak to her voice.

''Rori, I miss you'' I admit out loud.

''I know, please don't forget me Damiano your words still ring in my head, sometimes it lasts in love but sometimes it hurts instead.''

''Whoa Aurora you're turning to dust, or evaporating-'' I cut my stupid ass off and swallow the blunt that is now turning to a liquid. ''I meant was I don't think I will ever be able to forget a woman like you, bambino.''

''Also please accept that I am no longer around and stop beating yourself up for something that was bound to happen, I loved you but now it's time for you to move on, Mimi.''

She gets blown away with the wind and I watch as the flower garden vanish along with her.

''I love-loved you too, Rori'' I whisper to myself.

*End of dream

She gave me her blessing in advance. She said I should move on but I don't think I can, well not without doing something stupid first. 

__________________________________________________________

sorry for any spelling mistakes

hoped you enjoy reading.

(I just realized I had been writing this in the present tense even after y'all read it)

love you, sexy

<3