New Haunts

All I could hear were walkers growling. We continued walking through the house, until a walker started coming towards us.

"Man, that's... That's enough." Daryl told the walker, who was really a person.

"Yeah, man. No problem, man." He told us.

I slowly walked with Judith and RJ holding my hands as we walked past the guy. I saw the sun as we came out.

"You were great in their buddy." Daryl told RJ

"You did amazing." I told him

"You we're very brave." Judith told him

"Hey." Jerry greeted us when we reached him, passing the kids their items to their costume. All around us was a fair. As Judith and RJ walked in front of us, I grabbed Daryl's hand as we explored the fair.

"Kira." I called out

"I'm here, hun." She told me

"Good. I'll see you and the kids tonight." I told her

"Okay. Bring Daryl. Hope and the others miss him." She said

"I will." I told her

"Maya, can I go get candy?" Judith asked me

"Sure." I told her

I watched as she ran towards Carol cart. I looked at RJ as he played at a booth. I glanced up and saw Judith waving at me. I waved back, worried. As Daryl talked to Carol, I stood with RJ.

I looked behind me as I heard clapping. I saw the leader of Commonwealth passing candy out.

"I always thought she was so classy." Carol told us as we watched her do a contest.

"I never knew anything about her." Daryl said

"That's a good thing. I remember meeting her at a hospital I worked for, before we had any kids. She was nice during the events, but no mistake, she was like every other politician. All she wanted was money and she did anything to have it." I told them

"Now, I will see you all later. I have a shift at the hospital." I told them, kissing Daryl.

"Stay safe." He told me.

I nodded and left. I made it to the hospital and changed into my scrubs. I was still getting used to working on actual hours, but I'm getting there. I worked on patients. I saw Carol go into teh records room. I followed her.

"Carol, what are you doing?" I asked her, closing the door.

"I'm looking for Ezekiel's file." She told me

Before she could finish, the door open. I stood in front of her, blocking her from sight. Thankfully, it was just Yumiko's brother, Tomi.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"Snooping. I was worried about Ezekiel." Carol told him

As they spoke, I kept an ear on the outside, while looking at my patient's files. After they finished talking, we all left. After I finished my day, I grabbed food and went to the apartment.

"Here." Daryl said, taking the food from me as we walked the rest of the way back to the apartment.

Once we entered, I saw the kids drawing, but I couldn't exactly hear them with the music playing upstairs. 

"Go ahead and eat. There's something I need to do." I told them

"Babe." Daryl said

I ignored him and went upstairs, though. I knocked on the door.