No Way Out/Knots Untie

As we kept watch, I noticed something in the distance.

"Do you see that?" I asked

"Yeah." Kira told me

"No. What is it?" Beth asked

"People. I see. It's Rick, Michonne, and Carl. There with Jessie and her boys and Gabriel." I told them

"Should we go help them?" Beth asked me

"I don't think we should." Kira said

"It's best we don't. Let's see where they go and we'll meet them." I said

They nodded and Kira and I watched as they crossed the hoarde of walkers. I saw it before it happened. The death of the family.

The boy reaked of fear and that fear was his downfall. I watched as he froze. Before he was eaten alive. Jessie alongside him.

"Oh my god." Beth said out loud

"Let's go." I told Kira

I jumped down with Kira and we sliced through the walkers. Then we heard a gunshot. We looked at eachother, before we rushed faster. We reached Rick and Michonne and saw Carl shot in the eye.

"Help him!" Rick screamed

We ran to the infirmary killing any walkers near us. Once we entered we saw many people. Olivia included.

Rick placed Carl on the table and I immediatly started working.

"Please save him. Please." Rick said

I knew he was out of it.

"Help Rick" I told her

She nodded and I watched as she followed Rick outside. I put my focus all on Carl.

I noticed how the bullet didn't pierce him, but it did do damage. His eye will no longer be there.

I grabbed the alcohol clothes and cleaned his eye. Leaving no blood. I started suturing it closed, knowing it would need time to properly heal.

After the last suture, I grabbed his hand and started taking his pain. It was so much. I almost started crying, but I didn't. Instead, I focused on the others.

I could hear it all. The people fighting together. They made a stand. I even heard my mate. He was back. And so was Glenn.

I kept listening and I heard Kira and Lydia fighting side by side. I listened as we won.

When it was over, Rick came back alongside Michonne and looked at me.

I nodded, before leaving the room. I saw Kira and the kids with Daryl. I walked over to them and kissed him.

I heard him wince. I looked at his back and lead him inside. I started suturing the cuts and afterwards sat with the kids.

They all fell asleep. Hunter in Daryl's arms. Hayley in mine. Leo and Henry slept in their aunt Lydia's arms, while Kira held Emma and Allison.

Together we sat as a family, hoping for the best, but knowing that we would survive this like always.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been a month since the Herd. Daryl, Kira, and I have been busy with the kids and the community. Kira has been providing power for everything and help build walls. Daryl has been going on runs and looking for resources to use. I've been providing strength and helping design new maps for better security.

Today he goes on a run.

"Y'all need anything while I'm out there?" He asked us

"Being some conditioner and soap. Oh, and baby clothes. Hunter's getting to small for his." Kira told him