Chapter Five

Nadia's pov

I looked in the mirror to see black circles under my eyes. No...no...NO! This cannot be happening. Those stupid kids didn't let me get any sleep.

I tip-toed into Cindy's room. She was snoring on the bed and snoring like a savage. I walked over to her dresser and found a wallet. Bingo! I took the brown colored wallet and opened her drawer. I found a pair of sunglases, flip- flops, and a black hoodie.

I changed into the clothes and walked out of the apartment complex. I opened her wallet to find her license card. I found some debit and credit cards. Aren't going to do me any good...I don't know the code. I unzipped the back part of her wallet to find $250 in cash.

I took out that money and smelled the fresh scent. All the things I could do for $250 dollars. I sashayed around the corner to the drug store. I bought a make up kit, perfume, pack of cigarettes and a toothbrush with toothpaste. After I bought all of the items I needed I went into the ladies bathroom.

Time to work my magic! I removed the shades to see my plain face. I put some cold water one my face and washed my hands. The cold water felt so refreshing against my skin. Having no air conditon for most of your life sucks! Then, I applied black eyeshadow to my face and put gold eyeshadow on the ends. I guess I'm going for kind of a smokey eye kind of look.

After the eyeshadow was finshed, I applied black eye liner and black mascara to my eyes. I patted some eyeshadow that matches my skin tone on the dark circles to cover them up. My hair looked really gross and disgusting.

I took off my clothes and washed under my arms with the soap bar and dried off with the paper towels. I also wet my hair a little bit. I put on all of my clothes and then took the toilet paper from the stalls and put them in my hair for curls. I used the leftovers bobby pins I had to keep them in place. I sat under the hair dryer for about 30 minutes and then took them out.

My hair wasn't really curly it was just kind of wavy. I sprayed the perfume I purchased all over my body. The last step was to use the sink water to brush my teeth. When I was all done I walked out of the bathrrom. Good thing no one was really here.

I walked up to an old lady I saw near the front of the store. She had blue eyes, pale skin, and white hair. She wore green sweat pants and had on perscription glasses.

"Excuse me ma'am, " I said.

She turned up her hearing aid and said," Yes, darling."

"Do you know what time it is?" I asked.

She looked at her watch and then said," It's 7:00 in the morning."

"Thank you," I said as I ran out of the store and started walking to school.

**************

"Wow, Nadia. You look flawless. So many guys are staring at you!" said Nicole as we walked to our next class.

This was the only class her and Sara didn't have together and I wanted to make sure I got this class with Nicole.

"No big deal. Back at my old school I was the most liked person. I guess it just comes natural," I said.

"You are just too much. No one even knows I exist," said Nicole frowning.

"Why do you think that?" I asked.

"It's not what I think it is what I know. Sara is very antisocial and she is confident and completly not ashamed of it. I on the other hand want to be noticed. I want guys to drool over me and girls to wish they were me so bad but I also want to have the confidence of Sara and not want all of these things," she said.