Chapter Ten

Nadia's pov
Nicole sat on her bed hyperventilating and freaking out. This was an upgrade from the dumb crying, moping, and looking at old pictures.

"Nicole, you doing that isn't going to make Sara come back," I said.

She looked at me with such disgust and sat up.

"Maybe if you didn't kill her then we wouldn't have this problem. Did that ever go through your thick skull."

"Look Nicole, you were the one who said-"

"I don't give a crap what you heard. I said we leave her stranded not take her life! What the hell were you thinking?!"

"Nicole, how else am I supposed to get rid of her permanently?"

"I don't know. You did all of this not me. So I'm going to the police," she said.

Tears fell down her eyes as she stormed out of her room. I stopped her just before she got to the first step.

"Fine. Go and tell the police. Just know that we are in this together. Yeah I may have killed her but who was the one who drove the car? Who was the one who lied to her and got her to come with us in the first place? And who was the one who gave me the idea? If I go down you go down with me." I said while looking at her confused and distraught eyes.

"B-but," then she started to snob again.

I hugged her and got her back into her room.

"Look, we won't go to prison. We got rid of all the evidence. We have to stick to our stories. The police will interrogate you but if we don't let them scare you and stick to our story we will be just fine. We say that yes we went out with her but she got so mad at us she walked off."

"Why can't we just go away somewhere."

"Because then we will look too suspicious. And even if they think we did it they have no substantial evidence to prove it so therefore they cannot take us to court or even put us in prison."

Nicole's breaths calmed down and got slower. I had to keep an eye on her and make sure she won't go telling the police anything. I called Velma.

After two rings she picked up.

"Nadia, are you crazy?! I didn't know you actually killed the girl!" She said.

"Look that bitch deserved it. Anyway, did you get rid of the blood stains on the car?" I asked.

"Yes, it is already done you can't even tell," Velma said.

"Okay did you take the licenses plates off the car."

"Yes, I did. "

"Good job, Velma. Now did you find someone yet?"

"Yes, turns out the guys who ripped us off needed a car and my ex boyfriend has the exact same car, model, and year as the car as Nicole's mom."

"Perfect. Does it have the same color?"

"Yes, they look just alike."

"Okay well everything sounds fine. Just update me every 30 minutes and inform me if there is any problems."

"Oh okay.Bye," said Velma as she hung up the phone.

"Nicole, Velma worked out everything and I guarantee you that we aren't going to get caught. Just promise me that you won't tell the police," I said.

"I promise, Nadia. Damn, you just killed a human being and all you care about is if I'm going to tell the police? That should be the least of your problems," said Nicole in a hoarse voice.

Her eyes were red and puffy and her make up was smeared. She looked at hot mess.

"Nicole, I need you to do one more thing for me," I said in a pleading voice.

"What?" She said faintly.

"I need you to talk to your mom and tell her about the story I told you and act like you are really worried about her. Make sure you fix your make up and don't give anything away."

"Can you be considerate? I just lost my friend less than 2 hours ago and you are just being a complete jerk!" She spat.

"Me? The jerk? That's funny. It is so easy to make me seem like the bad guy when you insisted that you would help me get your ex best friend stranded in the middle of nowhere!"

"Okay I know what I did was wrong but what you did was a whole different level of wrong. Who kills a human being?!"

"Nicole, I will have this conversation with you when you are not an emotional wreck. Get yourself together and go talk to your mother!" I yelled.

Nicole rolled her eyes and walked into the bathroom and then she shut the door. Her nerve.