028; puppy eyes [4]

twenty-eight [ puppy eyes ]

twenty-eight
[ puppy eyes ]

"listen up, party people! everyone has their secrets. and we've all done our share of sinning. that's one thing my dear brothers death has revealed," chuck glanced at the three girls in front of him as cheryl continued, "so let's play a little game to get those secrets out."

"and what will that game be, cheryl?" violet dared to ask.

"secrets and sins."

the jones girl never once felt so nervous in her life. they're doing this, they're playing this game on purpose for something. they know something. they have to.

"what even is secrets and sins?" jughead wondered, pretty confused.

"it's a variation on truth or dare. in which we own our truths. by telling it like it is," the redheaded girl explained with her eyes on veronica, "i'll start the game with veronica lodge."

"naturally," she scoffed.

"let's begin with daddy lodge," the blossom stepped closer, "tell us, veronica, isn't it true that your father, from prison, illegally purchased the drive-in land? which makes me wonder. what else is he doing behind bars?"

"well, i can't speak for my father, but i can think of someone with a very dirty secret," ronnie refused to just stand and not fight back, "specifically, cheryl killing her very own brother."

"everyone knows how much i loved my brother."

"exactly," the raven stated, continuing her explanation, "but did you love him maybe in ways that a sister shouldn't love a brother? and as you got older, jason started to think it was strange. he chose polly over you. so you shot him between the eyes with one of your fathers many hunting rifles."

violet snickered at the sight of cheryl wiping her pathetic tears away, "that story is all so imaginative."

her brown eyes land on violet who is seated in a chair, her arms crossed and eyes fixed on the ground, "violet jones, such a pretty face."

"cut the shit, what do you want to tell the crowd, cheryl?" the girl had enough and she knew this game was going to be the downfall of her and archie ever getting back together.

"isn't is true that you not only fucked one andrews but fucked the older one?" cheryl stepped closer to her now, violets heart pounding as she felt archie's eyes on her, "honestly, i don't blame you. fred andrews is one of the hottest dads in riverdale. i guess you were the first to ride on his wagon, huh?"

"vi, is this true?" archie's voice caught her. she could hear the pain, the confusion, the sadness.

violet blinked, her tears rolling down her cheeks as she faced archie, guilt all over. the look on his face killed her in that moment. he wasn't supposed to find out. not like this. not ever.