Part 4: Reason

Hiashi: "Tell me, why did you like my daughter?"

Naruto: "Eh?"

Hiashi: "There's got to be a reason right?"

Naruto: "Well... that's..."

Hiashi: "I guess before you say anything, I'll start saying what I want to say..."

Naruto: "Uhm sure..."

Hiashi: "As her father, I see her grow throughout this 19 years... and in those years I can see her changed massively..."

Naruto: That's true...

Hiashi: "Hyuga clan is so strict and needs to be powerful in order to protect this clan and the village. Unfortunately back then, Hinata is just too kind and weak... and since she comes from the main family that's unacceptable..."

Naruto: "That history..."

Hiashi: "Yes, that's why I trained both of my daughters really hard. Sometimes, a bit too much although that's the way to do it. But, Hinata is still the same... not strong enough..."

Naruto just listened to what he said very carefully. He's not a really good listener sometimes but this time he just wanted to hear everything about her girlfriend's history from her father...

Hiashi: "But, she has changed after the Chuunin Exam... she's still not in Neji's level but her determination... I can finally see it in her now... and it's all thanks to you..."

Naruto: That time huh...

Hiashi: "I don't know if you know this, but when you left the village... she has trained really hard with Neji..."

Naruto: "Uhm yeah, I know that..."

Hiashi: "Did you know the main reason? It's because she didn't want to be left behind. If you're training to become stronger, then that's her goal as well..."

Naruto: Hinata...

Hiashi: "As time goes by, she was indeed getting stronger and her determination as well. To a point where she will even risks her life for you."

Naruto: "Yeah... it's just, back then I was a big fool to not realize it."

Hiashi: "No need to be so hard on yourself, Naruto. I guess it's understandable for you to not know anything about love when you didn't have anyone to teach you about it... I know you have a lot of friends and teachers around you but it's a different thing this time..."

Naruto: "Yeah, especially when back then we were living in a world full of war. I have a lot of things that I want to settle... in the end, I'm happy that I can realized it... even though it's a bit longer than expected..."

Hiashi: "Naruto, you didn't just change Hinata. But Neji as well, not only that you also changed me and the clan..."

Naruto: "Eh?"

Hiashi: "I made up my mind to remove the main and branch family rule."

Naruto: "Really?!"

Hiashi: "Yeah, the Hyuga clan will be just as strong without those rules. You promised Neji that you will changed the Hyuga clan, well you have now..."

Naruto: "I..."

Hiashi: "Now it's your turn to talk, what is the reason for you to choose my daughter?"

Naruto: (Thinking) "To be honest..."

Hiashi: "Hm?"

Naruto: "I didn't really know myself..."

Hiashi: "You didn't know?"

Naruto: "Yeah, it's strange... Back then, I always saw Hinata as this weird girl who's always shy and sometimes even fainted whenever I talked to her. But, I also realized just how kind and caring she is. Then like you said, I saw her grow to become stronger and she saved me a couple of times as well..."