Thirty-Two

"Let's get out of here, Jin. Please-- come with me, hmm? Please trust me this time--"

"I-I'll come with you, T-tae. I can't stay here anymore. If you said Jimin is with you, then yes-- I really need to come with y-you. But that doesn't mean I trust you, T-tae."

"That's fair enough. I know I don't have any rights to say this because I didn't treat you any better-- but I'd like to get you out of here before you get totally ruined. I'm so sorry, Jin.."

Taehyung took a moment to stare at Jin's melancholy face. But after breathing deeply, he already pulled Jin to step out of the bedroom. Yeonjun quickly handed Taehyung a clean jacket for Jin to wear.

"Put this on, Jin. Hurry." Jin nodded and hurriedly put on the jacket. He muttered, "T-tae, thank you. And I'm sorry too."

Taehyung just flashed him a slight smile - he wanted to say more.. he wanted to pull him closer for a hug, and kiss him fervently-- but he knew that it's better not to.

He then turned to the two men with him, "Let's go?"

"The fire exit had been crowded, it's better to blend in there. The elevators were shut off anyways. We'll take cover for you both." Yeonjun said.

"Got it." Taehyung pulled Jin's hand, they walked briskly into the fire exit door, while Yeonjun and his buddy looked around to make sure the coast was clear.

Upon reaching the fire exit, Taehyung whispered to Jin, "Walk calmly and don't be too obvious. I'll walk a bit behind you so we won't get suspicious."

"O-okay."

Jin grew anxious - with all the chaos brought about by many residents still vacating the building and the loud siren sound of the alarm. His mind was getting clouded by fear, anxiety and worry.

But Jin clenched his fists, forcing to pull himself together. He walked down the stairs faster, almost bumping into other people. So Taehyung hurried too, so he won't lose Jin from his sight.

When they reached the ground floor, Taehyung walked ahead of Jin - the latter trying to hide his face from being visible to anyone.

Taehyung then guided Jin to ride a sedan car, he lowkey nodded - signaling Jin to get in. Yeonjun quickly took the driver's seat while the other went to the passenger seat.

When Taehyung got into the car too, sitting beside Jin, he pulled his cellphone out and sent Yoongi a message.

'Done. Get out of there now.'

*******

Upon reading the message on his phone, Yoongi smirked to himself. He's currently hiding inside the maintenance shed, as Jungkook and his men were already chasing him closely.

After peeking for a shirt while, he hurried out and ran to the crowd when he found that it's fine to do so.

"There!! There he is!!" One of Jungkook's men shouted when he spotted Yoongi.

"Kim Taehyunggg!!!" Jungkook shouted angrily, pulling his gun out and firing it towards the sky.

The crowd that evacuated in front of the buildings suddenly went into panic because of the gunshots - some of them ran away but most dove into the floor to take cover.

This left Yoongi very noticeable since he's the only one remaining in the middle of the people ducking on the ground. So he ran faster to the car parked nearby.

Taehyung spotted him right away, he shouted, "C'mon Yoongi, hurry!" Then Jin opened the car door for him at his side of the car.

Yoongi dashed as fast as he could, but before he got inside the vehicle - he turned towards Jungkook, removed the hood of his jacket and smirked at him.