Chapter 4: First Scenario (Part 4)

"Smoke?"

"Where is it coming from?"

As me and Dokja rush towards the crowd, Dokja starts speaking towards me.

"We're both going to body slam into that white-haired guy as hard as we can, okay?", He tells me.

"Okay.", I answer, my thoughts still on the explosion from earlier. There's no way they'd be here. Unless...no...they wouldn't have...

We get close enough to Namwoon, and as he turns to look at us, we both body slammed into him, making slide all the way towards the hitting the other cabin door hard against his body.

"Ahh!! What the hell...!", He exclaims. "Fuck! What's the problem with you both?!"

Dokja moves his head around, as if looking for something. The crate of grasshoppers!

I look around until I find Gilyeong. I spot the crate next to him.

"Over there!", I whisper to him, pointing my finger towards where Gilyeong is at. Dokja looks at me questioningly, but shrugs it off because he didn't have time to ask.

He makes a dash towards the direction I pointed at. I follow closely behind.

He reaches the boy and picks up the crate of grasshoppers. I almost caught up to him, seeing Gilyeong point towards me, Dokja turning to look at me, confused. I forgot that he gave a grasshopper to him in the original. I guess the jig is up.

This is the part where he makes his speech. I reach him and stand behind him.

"Please stop what you're doing!", He yells out, grabbing the attention of the passengers. "Killing that old lady doesn't mean you're going to live!"

"Let's say we kill the old lady. What next? Yes, if the old lady dies, we will be able to buy some time because we killed something within the given time limit. But what will happen next?...", He continues his speech, I feel goosebumps on my arms. I hear a voice echo in my head.

"Young Midoriya...we are here..."

What? Who-?

"Ha! Isn't it obvious?", Namwoon scoffs.

I look at Namwoon, drawn to him for some reason.

"That boy needs saving...save him..."

Wha-? Him? Save him?

"We'll kill losers like you next! No need to worry about your turn beforehand. The chances are 50-50 anyways.", He's taken the bait.

"Why gamble with our lives? When there's a way to survive this without becoming a murderer?", Dokja says. Yes, it didn't say to kill people. It said to kill a living organism.

"Have you forgotten? The scenario didn't say...we have to kill a human being. It said that we have to kill one or more living organisms.", Dokja says, holding out a grasshopper in his hand.

"Insects?!"

"Of course!"

"If we kill one of those..."

All the people who had chosen to beat up the old lady had started hovering over Dokja, like animals.

Dokja squishes the grasshopper he was holding in his hand and throws the crate of grasshoppers in the direction where Sangah was.

I walk over to Gilyeong, who quickly grabs my arm.

"You can kill the grasshopper now. I'll do it with you.", I take out the grasshopper and we kill them both at the same time.