Chapter 10: Changed

"Aah. The sun is shining. The birds are chirping. And I really wish I could take a shower.", I say. We had swam our way over and lifted ourselves up onto land, leaving the corpse of the Ichthyosaur behind us.

"Haha. I don't think you'll have time for that.", Dokja laughs. I tched.

"Yeah. Yeah. But you might want to hold your breath in a few moments.", I nonchalantly say. He cocks an eyebrow.

"What do you mean--", Dokja starts.

[You have entered the area of the second main scenario.]

[The scenario area is highly contaminated.]

[Hold your breath and quickly get underground.]

As we enter the next scenario, I hold my breath while Dokja does the same.

[You have been exposed to the poisonous fog.]

[The constellation, Abyssal Black Flame Dragon, smiles insidiously.]

This is the part where he collects food for this scenario and finds a certain someone in a store.

A few minutes later...

Me and Dokja change our clothes. I wear a black tank top, put on a dark green jacket, leaving it unzipped and wear black and white shorts that just go above my knees.

Dokja hands me, what I think is, the monkey lungs that help me breathe for a certain amount of time. I put it in my mouth and show him a thumbs up.

He's not even fazed anymore and shakes his head. I shrugged my shoulders.

He gives me a couple bags, pointing at a convenience store and back at the bags. He wants me to stock up on the bags with food. I nod in understanding.

We head inside the store and start filling up the bags. The bags got more heavy and heavy, until we couldn't put any more food in them.

We nod at each other once we think we've gotten enough. Until a hoarse voice stops us in our tracks.

"H-help..."

"Help...help us...", The female voice says. Us? I thought it was just her in the original novel...

We walk to where we heard the voices from and my eyes go wide. Not only was the woman from the novel there but, a familiar brunette was next to her.

"I-izumi-chan?", It was the first female friend I made at MHA. Ochaco Uraka. She looked pretty beaten up. My heart sank. Kacchan was right. But something told me my classmates weren't going to be the only ones I'd see.

I bent down and ushered her to jump on my back so I could carry her. She does and Dokja does the same with the other woman.

We rush to find an underground station, namely Guemho station. And find that one side is closed.

"Four...exit four.", The woman carried by Dokja sullenly says.

We nod at each other and rush to find the exit and spot it. They were just about to close the gate when Dokja quickly sticks one of the horns he had under it and stops it from closing.

"Open up.", I say.

"N-no! You can't come in here! Get lost!"

"We have injured people with us.", Dokja speaks out.

"The place is already overcrowded! There's no room for more people!"

"That's not our problem.", I say.