FOUR. Biscuts, Gravy, and Messy Wrecks Baby

( PARADISE ON EARTH ! )

— but you know, it's biscuits, is gravyI knew you'd come back around —BAD HABIT - STEVE LACY

I knew you'd come back around —
BAD HABIT - STEVE LACY

"HOW DIFFICULT COULD IT BE TO WRITE A SONG?" JJ asked next to me. We were both sitting on the end of the boat, sipping our beers and talking about anything.

"I don't know, I guess pretty hard. Where do singers get all the inspiration?" I replied to the blonde's question with a smile while he just shook his head disapproving.

JJ sipped his beer and stuck up his index finger to his mouth to show he was about to make a comment based on his confusion. "Just some words and rhymes."

"All right lyrical genius, show us what you got." I smiled and looked him in the eye; his face changed to a thinking one as he looked at the sky.

"It's very wavy. Great, like biscuits and gravy." He sang his new lyric invention. I cracked a laugh at how stupid his combination of words was.

"Please never write again." I stood up and took his hand to help him stand, too; he rolled his eyes while he drank from the can.

"Well, I'm sorry, I'm not a musician. But you know what I am good at?" He waited until I replied; I shrugged and bent my lips downwards. "Tricks. Hey Pope. Can you go a little faster, please?"

"Here we go. I'm movin'." John B was leaning on a metal pole in front of Pope but quickly got out of the way when he saw JJ's intention. The brunette stood next to me.

"It doesn't work. We've tried this like 6,000 times." Pope groaned, trying to convince JJ to stop; his hands stayed on the steering wheel.

Since John B moved, he was no longer blocking the sun from hitting my face, so I grabbed one of the caps I found lying in the corner of the boat and put it on; I don't know why there was a hat there, but who cares anyway?

JJ had one leg on the boat's edge and the other inside; he raised the beer above his mouth and let the liquid drop to his mouth with the wind. This action failed, and the beer was getting everywhere. John B scooted past me as he sat and placed his bare feet before him.

"Oh my god, you're getting beer in my hair," Kie complained; she covered her face to stop the alcohol from sticking all over her skin.

"All right, you're done."

JJ stopped, but not voluntarily. The motor rattled as the boat suddenly came to a stop, sending JJ flying away from the ship. John B and Kie fell to the ground while I, standing up, tripped and hit myself on the side of my cheekbone, which immediately started to throb. "Jesus, Pope."

"You okay, JJ?" John B asked as the blonde swam out of the water, groaning. I stood up and rubbed the side of my face. Thankfully, when I pulled my hand away, no blood showed up, so I assumed I was good to go; I've had worse.