9. Winter Wonderland

He tapped his thigh to keep her from whining as she frowned at him, looking irritated that she had to stay in this position for such a long time.

"Lia, I'm working as fast as I can. You need to be patient." He told her as she frowned at him continuously.

An idea popped into his head as he rolled back from his desk chair, holding Lia and giving her a straight face. They stared at each other until Dragon used his devil fruit to launch the girl into the air and catch her. Lia was slightly surprised as it continued but let out a peal of hype laughter that brightened her mood. He continued to use his power on her gently. She enjoyed the breeze making him faintly smile to get her amused.

He continued to snore as she pouted and wanted to wake him up as she covered his nose with her tiny hands and tugged his hair. Dragon was stirring in his sleep as he slowly opened his eyes to meet the innocent eyes staring down at him.

Sabo enters the room as he glances at the young spider, "Say, Dragon-San? Is it alright if Lia goes outside with us since it's snowing?" He asked. 

The revolutionist lifted his head to look at the blond male eager to show the little spider what it was like outside.

"I don't see why not?" Said Dragon. 

He didn't see a problem with Lia going out and having fun with the other superiors. Dragon got up from his desk to get some winter supplies to grab a coat, a hat,  snow boots, gloves, and a scarf. He admired Lia to see her looking cozy and warm in the suit. 

"Alright, she's ready to go." Said Dragon. 

"Good." Said Sabo.

As Sabo opened the door, they headed out to the front; the cold wind hit their faces. It was chilly, and snow was falling from the sky. The blond male stepped out first, and Lia was set down on the floor by Dragon.

Lia clung onto the revolutionist cape hiding behind him to feel the cold breeze. Dragon urged himself to step forward, but Lia refused to enter the snow. 

"Lia, the snow isn't going to hurt you." Said Dragon. 

She stuck her little leg out to touch the snow and got comfortable with it. Sabo held out his hand to take her out to play while Dragon returned, going back to do some work. After time flew by, Dragon completed the final paperwork without any distraction and sat up to stretch his legs. While walking around the headquarters, he heard Lia and Sabo laughing together as he saw the two playing with each other. 

Later That Night...

Dragon set Lia on his thigh, staring into her eyes, responding, "If only I could go back in time and see Luffy; that was like you when he was born. I gave him up only to protect him from a dangerous job I worked in and worried that the Government might do something terrible to him." He rubbed Lia's knuckles gently with his thumb. "Luffy wouldn't mind having a little sister if I am positive. I wish he could see you in person."

Lia let out a slight whine before leaning over to him to give the masculine male a nuzzle against his cheek. He chuckled.

"Alright, I guess you hate when I have my moments to myself." He faintly smiled, looking at the little girl smiling up, nuzzling her face in the crook of his neck. "But I think Luffy would like to meet you."

She sat her head up and tilted her head to the side, all curious about who this person her daddy was talking about her.

"Luffy is your older brother. He's a pirate, and not too long after, two years ago, I met him at Loguetown, and he does resemble me." He explained to Lia as he continued, "We never spoke to each other or made eye contact after I saved him from a marine. Someday we will meet."

With a sigh, Dragon leans his head back against the pillow, remembering that event at Loguetown and turning his head towards the East as he usually does when thinking about home for all these years. Lia let out a slight whine getting his attention as she hit her little fist against him.

"And I didn't forget about meeting you, too." He chuckled, snapping back to focus on her to tell the story. "I met you too, and you've grown a lot except for showing me some of your interesting spiders moves around me." He tickled her side as she smiled, hunching her body, not defending herself from the tickles. "But, I'm glad to have you here too." He pecked her cheek as she leaned forward, resting her head against his neck. 

Dragon relaxed, lying on his back, reading the paperwork when his eyelids were growing heavy. He was so exhausted after doing so much paperwork that he didn't get plenty of rest. Lia noticed him dozing off as she crawled over to where he rested on the comfortable couch. She stood on her two feet to slowly rise from the floor, grip the couch edge, and lift herself to crawl over to him. Dragon could sense the little girl's presence, slightly opening one tired eye at her and crawling over to him as she curled up in his arm. He allowed his arm to open fully for her to get comfortable while she snuggled against him. He let out a chuckle before dozing off with her in his arms. 

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐈| 𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐤𝐞𝐲 𝐃. 𝐃𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐨𝐧 𝐅𝐚𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐜 🎉