CHAPTER II - "What happened.....?"

Chapter 2 - "What happened.....?"

After a year of Kaveh's death, Alhaitham turned into a different person, compared from when Kaveh was still alive, he looked like he didn't got any sleep at all.

Of course, just as he promised. He tooked care of Mehrak.

He didn't tell Mehrak on what happened to it's owner..... how should he tell Mehrak? "That he couldn't protect him?" "He didn't had the chance to save him even with so many opportunities?"

Like Mehrak, he tooked care of the other inventions Kaveh had made in the past. But there was a certain "prototype" of his that Alhaitham tooked care of the most.

"This room...it wasn't this spacious before...."

Alhaitham said, as he was looking around both him and Kaveh's room, wherein they shared their Meals, Arguments, Happiness, and everything, the same room that wouldn't be like the past, it wouldn't be the same as it was no matter what he do.

"Without you....have I experience a pain different from what I know....."

Mehrak heard this and came closer to him.

Him having seen this, Alhaitham's mood changed.

"Sorry you had to see that Mehrak..."

The worry that Mehrak had suddenly dispersed away, it looked at the painting of Kaveh.

"....."

"...Don't worry about it, I'm sure Kaveh will be back soon, we just have to wait for him..."

The robotic suitcase was happy to hear this, it went to the door signalling to go outside, with this, Alhaitham didn't questioned it further.

While walking around, Mehrak on Alhaitham's hand he spoke.

"It's been a while ever since we visited Tighnari and the others.....want to go visit them Mehrak?"

Alhaitham who saw Mehrak so happy, he smiled. The both then headed into to the forest.

But upon stepping foot inside he saw a horrific scene..

"Where are the forest ranger....?"

Alhaitham thought to himself, what he saw was a bunch of withering zones around the area, he firmly but gently gripped onto Mehrak.

"Do you still want to visit them...?"

Mehrak was unsure but it still wanted to go.

He scoffed

"Then let's just be extra careful"

The robotic suitcase named Mehrak was seemed to be happy having hearing this.

Passing through the withered zone hurriedly without making any sounds, Alhaitham and Mehrak have reached Gandharva Ville.

Safely.....?

........

.......

......

...

They we're ambushed by rifthound's affected by the withering, Alhaitham's sword in hand while Mehrak on the other, It didn't took an hour for Alhaitham to be in a bad shape.

Alhaitham charged at the 5 rifthound's while making sure it, was safe and sound.

The number of rifthound's suddenly went down as a speed of light, but what was the exchange for this...?

Sfx.

Cough, Cough,

Mehrak was just a robotic suitcase, a "mere metal", but it was clear that he was worried about him.