O12'

FEBRUARY 2023
FEB 2ND

orlafinneran posted to stories

FEBRUARY 202314th / Valentines Day

FEBRUARY 2023
14th / Valentines Day

orlafinneran  posted to stories

MARCH 2023
march 10th

Orla was walking out of the front gates of Ivy's school, when her phone began ringing. She answered immediately and didn't even look at the contact. "Hello." She greeted. "Orla." Paul's voice croaked. "Paul? What's the matter you don't sound well." Orla asked slightly panicked "I'm fine, Ivy go in alright?" He replied "Yeah, she's just been saying she misses you that's all. You're coming back soon anyway don't worry about it. If you're about to say you're nervous, you're bound to be, but this is a massive experience you'll be kicking yourself over if you miss out on. So you're going to go to all the events they want you to and you're going to let yourself enjoy it, don't worry about me or Ivy, we are fine. I'll ring you with Ivy later when you're up." Orla told him.

"My sleep schedules fucked." He groaned "Yeah, America does that to you, you can sleep it off when you come home." Orla agreed "Home." Paul muttered "Yeah." Orla nodded as she crossed the road "I've gotta go, Orl." He told her "I'll see you soon and ring you later. Love you." Orla said. She wanted to scream at herself the second she'd said it.

They weren't officially dating, sure they were intimate and they shared a house but neither of them had admitted they wanted to be in a relationship. Paul hung up without saying goodbye which resulted in Orla sighing and slamming her phone onto the passenger seat once she got into her car.

After a few moments of Orla sighing to herself, Dorothy, a local childminder knocked on her window. Orla jumped in surprise before rolling down her window. "Hi darling." The woman greeted. "Hi Dotty." Orla greeted. "Where's dad?" Dorothy asked referring to Paul, he and Orla had agreed to get Ivy into a routine of both of them driving her to school and then Orla dropping Paul off to work. "Business Trip for work." Orla replied.

"Fancy, where to?" Dorothy questioned "America." Orla answered "I went there once, didn't like it at all, too much flash for me. I like the American shows though so it was a mystery why I didn't like it." Dorothy replied "Things aren't always what they're cracked up to be, trust me I would know." Orla muttered "Yeah, how are things with your brother?" Dorothy asked "He's speaking to me now so we're getting somewhere." Orla nodded "That's good sweetheart. I'll see you later I've got to take the twins in." Dotty said in a hurry realising the time "Bye Dotty."

After a while Orla made her way back home and went to light a candle before releasing the scent of it suddenly disgusted her. Orla made herself breakfast before going on her laptop to work on editing her short film. Within an hour she felt exhausted and decided to get something to eat and felt that she really wanted both bacon and Reece's peanut butter cups, she drove to the shop a few minutes away from her house and mid way through eating her phone began ringing.

She quickly dropped her fork and answered the call. "Hello?" She greeted "Is this Ivy's mum?"  The receptionist for the school asked "Yes, is she alright?" Orla nodded "She's been sick, it's a bug going around apparently, would you be alright to pick her up?" The receptionist told her "Yeah, I'll come and pick her up now." Orla replied. "Alright, I'll see you soon." The receptionist said before hanging up. Orla groaned to herself as she hurriedly finished her plate of bacon and peanut butter cups and placed it in the plate before making her way back to Ivy's school.

After picking Ivy up Orla decided she and Ivy would watch a few movies  together while Orla continued editing the short film on her laptop. Orla put on Toy Story and within half an hour Ivy was fast asleep.

EM TALKS
so so sorry this has taken so long