-•𝐂hapter 𝐄leven•-

-𑁍-

The small boy whimpered listening to all the shouting and screaming outside. A loud gasp escape his mouth as thunder roared in sky illuminating the dark room he was trapped in momentarily. He was afraid of storms and this situation wasn't helping either. He was helplessly laying in this room, cramped into the darkest corner to stay out of side.

"This is all your fault" a lady screamed outside the room followed by a loud crash.

"As if you are a saint yourself" another one screamed and then muffled struggling could be heard as if they were fighting each other. All these screams, shouts and fight was frightening the little boy. Tears continuously streamed down his cheeks and he hiccupped.

"Go and take your boy and never come back to this house" the first one screamed followed by a scoff. Before the other woman could respond a male voice boomed,

"No one will take him anywhere" the people fighting outside were none other than Anastasia Henderson and Lydia, Ian's mother. And now it was Oliver who had entered the chat.

"As if I am going to listen to you" Lydia scoffed walking towards the door which had occupied her son.

"Stop right there Lydia"

"There is no way I'll leave my son here alone with you monsters" she wrapped her hand around the doorknob of the door but before she could open the door Oliver pulled her away from her hair causing her to yelp. He pushed her away from the door and slapped her right across the door.

Ian, who was trapped inside heard his mother struggling and ran outside. His small body shivered in fear as he saw his father beating his mother and Anastasia enjoying the show.

"Momma" he screamed for his mother who was struggling against the man. He tried to run towards her but Anastasia pulled him away dragging him towards the room. He tried to struggle against her but of no use.

"Momma. Momma save me" he screamed for his mother.

"Momma"

•••

It was a beautiful and busy day at work. And today was the day when I was supposed to present my ideas in front of my editor chief. I was ecstatic and I was nervous and I was having . . . second thoughts.

What if she doesn't like my work and I loose my only chance to work as a writer here at bold?

What is I mess up and forget everything?

Right now I was thinking that maybe I shouldn't have been so eager of writing the articles that are on the very first pages of magazines. Maybe I should have worked harder and stayed as a writer for review articles on different products and companies.

Was I too desperate to get my identity that I tried to take a shortcut?

And most importantly did I do wrong by trying to work on gender inequality in our society?

My brain was messed up. I paced around the photography gallery of fashion department of Bold trying to put my mind at peace. Thankful for the people of Bold for not coming here more often. I rubbed my hands on my face rather too harshly to get my thoughts straight. Right then there was a knock on the door and a very excited looking Kattie walked in.