Project Tempestus

"We're Not Exactly like the Demigods that is the Astartes, We're Like... Angels or ... Dare I say Demons, something that doesn't belong, But I'll be damned that we are more often than not rarely enough"

Oliver-B106, Leader of Project Tempestus Upsilon Company

Overview:

Project Tempestus Was a joint Project between the Auxillia Imperialis and the Excertus Imperialis (The Imperial Army) and Multitudes of other imperial institutes which includes but was not limited to the silver and gold orders Dating back To the 4th doom tide when the Astartes Legions were stretched too thin in order to defend the Imperium properly. The Project aimed to make Transhuman warriors that were more available without the use of a gene-seed to fill the gaps between the Astartes and the imperial armed forces

Recruits for the project were taken from Orphaned children belonging to former Imperial Army members or children that were taken to one of many orphanages/schools called the Schola which is run by Adeptus Terra.

By using young pre-pubescent recruits, Augments can be easily administered, and training can be significantly easier

Biology:

Only normal baseline humans containing XY chromosomes are eligible for augmentations. However, the effects and chances of success vary and are directly linked to the subject's genetic and psychological makeup

Augments:

Due to the Imperial Army needing the soldiers to be ready as fast as possible, all members of the program are given human growth hormones as well as cartilage, muscle, and bone supplements are administered into the subjects' meals to artificially induce the onset of puberty, the result is making all members of the project having the physical bodies of Adult athletes at the age of 12

1. Carbide Ceramic Ossification Catalyst: Mimicking the effects of the Ossmodula by hijacking the cells responsible for laying down new bone material forcing them to use a ceramic carbide as the base for the skeleton, increasing the strength and durability of the structure of the subject's skeleton making them virtually unbreakable, The chemical was designed to travel straight into the subjects skeletons and bond molecularly with the bone marrow osteoblasts and oligodendrocytes, basically reprogramming them to use a carbide ceramic such as titanium carbide as the fundamental compound for creating new bone material as opposed to the calcium collagen matrix the bones usually used, during simple day to day movement a human skeleton undergoes stress caused by simply moving under the force of the muscle under the environment of 1G of gravity, this cause microscopic stress fractures which is then rapidly repaired by your own biological processes keeping the bone tough and hardened against the environment, the aim of this technique is to use this natural process at an accelerated rate to lay down a matrix of titanium carbide and collegen thereby molecularly strengthening the bones on the cellular level, the trick thereafter is to introduce the colloidal titanium carbide into the Tempestus biology through dietry ingestions and supplements this would feed the cells responsible in laying down new bone material with all the raw resources they need to gradually make the bones harder overtime, A colloidal carbide ossification chemical are also injected into the body as close to the skeleton as plausible to place this colloidal chemical to close proximity to the bones then a chemical process takes place due to the presence of the catalytic drug whereby the bones rapidly uptake the colloidal carbide ossification chemical and assimilated it into the molecular structure of the bones this very rapidly reinforcing the skeleton into a much harder and denser state while shedding and converting the now useless calcium matrix into a chemical byproduct completing the catalytic process this would results in an immediate hardening of the tempestus bones while making the already hardened bones denser and stronger overtime.