Volume 1 Chapter 4: Misfit Class?

Previously: Izuna sipped on the freshly brewed coffee as he explained that his family works for the Border Control Security. He's tasked to observe other dimensions in search for changelings and other demonic things. Demons making contracts with humans is forbidden. So he is tasked to retrieve any information on such things. But he has to be able to roam freely in such dimensions. So he takes up certain jobs to bend into society.

Izuna nodded her head understandingly, she seemed to have calmed down and returned to her normal relaxed self. "So why are you here researching plants?" "It's my passionate hobby. I believe that there's endless possibilities when it comes to nature. Especially in the Netherworld. Our imagination is the doorway to new creations with the help of our magic." She giggled softly at him pouring his heart out so openly. He stiffened up and became red in the face. He realized too late that he lost his composure and went on a heartfelt rant. "There's more practical reasons to research things such as these. Not just because of my personal curiosity." He was going back to his normal persona. He glanced over only to see her smiling happily with her eyes closed. They were both very reserved people. But in this moment they were showing off their secret sides of themselves. It was truly a relaxing and refreshing moment.

Izuna saw that it was getting late so she got up from the chair and headed towards the wooden doors. But she felt like she needed to say something. "Mr. Dante, I'll come back tomorrow afternoon. I'm intrigued by learning more about this passion of yours." His cat eyes sparkled just slightly at her surprising genuine words. "Tomorrow, I'll tell you about my petal magic too." She turned into petals and disappeared from sight. His eyes widened and shook in excitement. "Petal magic?"

The next day:

Izuna watches from the rooftop her brother getting escorted by two young demons. "It seems like you don't need me anymore." She turned into flower petals and flew towards the school.

Izuna was looking around for her classroom but couldn't seem to find it. That's when a certain purple uptight demon spotted her. He stormed over and went to insult her but the look she gave him. It made him change his mind. "What are you doing here, miss Suzuki?" She face palmed. "That's not my name." She looked up at him, irritated. "We have different mothers. We have different last names." "That doesn't make sense." "He didn't want to change his last name to mine. What is it to you to say he can't do that?" He tensed up at the sight of her eyes narrowing in annoyance. "Answer my previous question." "I'm lost. What's with you being so rude?" "Rude? This is my normal way of speaking." "Well maybe you should learn some manners, old man." "Excuse me!?" "You heard me!" He grabbed her collar and clenched his teeth tightly. "Now, now. How about you two calm down." They both looked at who said that with equally irritated expressions. It was Robin Sensei. The new demon teacher. Kalego let go of her collar and grabbed his face violently. "I'm your Superior how dare you! Damn insolent brat!" Robin screamed out in pain. She brushed off her uniform and scoffed annoyed. "My last name isn't important. Just call me whatever comes to mind, you seem to be an expert when it comes to nicknames. But if you do care to know, my first name is Izuna." She saw a glowing pink arrow flying her way. "It seems like my gramps sent help. See you around, old man." She waved goodbye to him while following the floating arrow. He released Robin and watched as she walked away. "Those two siblings are going to give me a heart attack, I swear. Her name is Izuna, huh? What an interesting name?"

Izuna yawned softly as she walked down the stone staircase. Eventually reaching her broken down classroom. She heard commotion happening inside. She opened the sliding door only to catch the attention of everyone. Izuna saw that a tall guy was bothering her brother but Alice was doing his job nicely. She decided not to intervene. She took a step forward and was instantly attacked by an assortment of weapons. A thin layer of pink petals halted the blades from getting anywhere close to her face. Her tired eyes pierced the hearts of those looking her way. "What's up?" Her straight forward and cool words hit a certain demon hard. She was somehow even cooler than him. She walked past the group and sat down on a bench, the third one back to the left facing the back of the classroom. She propped her feet up on the desk casually without any hesitation. She interlocked her fingers together and rested them on her head as she closed her eyes to sleep. The classroom was strangely quiet. Her presence alone seemed to demand silence.

The resident grumpy teacher showed up a little while after. But he was surprised to witness everyone chilling in their seats and talking amongst themselves in a calm manner. He went to yell but they all hushed him and pointed at Izuna. She was fast asleep and looked so peaceful. It would be criminal to wake her up.

But Kalego didn't seem to care. He shouted out her name to try and wake her but she just continued to sleep. Him raising his voice made a few of them flinch. He truly was a scary demon. He held out his hand and purple lightning began to form in the shape of bolts. One struck the place right next to the right side of her face. Iruma and Alice panicked since it was located just in front of them. She yawned softly and opened her eyes half way. She saw her classmates were looking her way a certain way. She sat up with her feet still propped up. "Oh hey there, old man. I'm I holding up class again?" She raised up her hand in a half assed way. "I'm here." He didn't even start the role call. He grabbed the bridge of his nose as he made a book appear. "It would seem that you are indeed here. Unfortunately." He said the last part under his breath. She rubbed her eyes and crossed her legs on top of each other. She stretched her arms out in the air as she yawned deeply.

Eventually they go outside to start the second part to get their ranks. Kalego brings out the annoyingly cute instructions item. His face of absolute disgust and disdain was quite amusing for the tired honor student. She was in the back of the group lurking and watching him suffer. He steps on the prompter and explains that there's only one route. Due to the guardian of Cutthroat Valley being in a certain mood as of late. The tall giant demon was complaining but Kalego ignored his complaints. He told everyone to get ready. They all got out their wings except for the one with a cloud and Iruma. Kalego told them to start the race. They all raced for the finish. Except for two.

Izuna walks towards the edge of the ledge and grabs her brother's shoulder. "My familiar Zod will give you a lift. Don't you worry about anything, just hang on tight." Zod grew in size and she threw her brother onto his back. "Wait what about you!?" Leaving the rebellious honor student alone with eggy teach. "Why did you do that, brat?" She glared at him with an equal amount of irritation as him. "That's none of your business. You're not the one ranking us, the ranking owl is." He was surprised that she knew that. "I may still be young but I'm much older than these little imps. You call students." She began to take off her jacket. She threw it to the ground. She pulled off the bow and used it to keep her hair out of her face. She faced him as the back of her shirt ripped apart. Her wing's came out of her roots only to leave Kalego in shock.

To be continued…