III: Fireworks

3rd Person POV

    As the sun began to set, Senjuro awoke from his peaceful sleep.

He let out a soft yawn as he stretched and pulled the blankets off him before tossing his legs over the side of the bed and standing, making his way to a pile of clothes that laid in a neat pile on top of the desk that also occupied the room.

There was a slight gust of wind behind him before he felt a familiar presence.
"I see you've finally woken up." The voice spoke.

"Ah! Yes, sorry. I hope I didn't sleep for a long time." Senjuro turned around and looked up at the older male.

"You didn't sleep long. And I believe I've said you don't need to apologize all the time." Muzan spoke, cupping his hands behind his back.
Senjuro could only give a small sheepish smile as Muzan began to speak again.

"I've laid out clothes for you to wear so please get dressed, I want to take you somewhere." And just like there the demon king was gone just as fast as he had arrived.
Senjuro let out a small humed as he stripped from his current clothes and began to change.

He put on a black and ruby red nagagi and a pair of white hakama, making sure there were no wrinkles before he slipped on a black haori.
He sat on the nearby stool and slipped his feet into white tabi socks before putting on his black zori sandals.
He tied his hair up into a ponytail, adding a small little flame charm after.

Deeming himself fully dressed he walked out the room and ran into Doma. His rainbow eyes shone brightly as he looked over Senjuro.
"Ah, Senjuro-dono! What's got you all dolled up?" He chirped, tucking a strand of loose hair behind Senjuro's ear.

"Muzan-sama's taking me out somewhere!" Senjuro said cheerfully, letting out a quiet giggle.
Doma gasped, bringing up one of his closed fans to his face. "Really? That sounds fun!" Senjuro nodded happily as Muzan appeared behind him, holding Rui's hand.

Rui wore his usual outfits paired with white tabi socks and zori sandals. He also held two woven charm bracelets in his free hand.
Muzan was dressed similarly to Senjuro except his nagagi was only black.

"Rui is coming with us." Muzan said, eyeing doma who flashed a toothy grin before leaving to go do who knows what.
Senjuro hummed in response, watching as Rui held out one of his hands showing the slightly taller demon one of the charms that seemed to be a spider painted red and yellow.
Senjuro smiled sweetly as he took the charm and put it on before grabbing Rui's hand to hold.

"So where are we going?" The flame haired boy asked as the biwa strings played and they were dropped in an alleyway.
"A festival. You've mentioned a few times how you'd like to watch the fireworks." Muzan replied.
Senjuro's face lit up with excitement hearing what was being told to him.

"Thank you Muzan-sama!!" Senjuro cheered, smiling brightly.
Rui also gave his own smile.
"There's some time before the fireworks begin, so how about you two go and enjoy yourself." The demon Lord spoke softly, giving them both soft smiles.
Senjuro nodded excitedly, turning away and dragging the spider demon towards a stand that advertised sweets.

Senjuro came to a sudden stop halfway to the stand before turning around and dragging Rui back to Muzan.
"Muzan-sama we need some money.." Senjuro spoke quietly, embarrassment laced within his voice.
The ravenette chuckled. He pulled out a small bag of money and handed it to the young boy.

"Now, go have fun. I'll come to collect you both before the fireworks."
With that Senjuro once again dragged Rui towards the sweet stand.
Against Rui's logic, speaking of them not needing sweets because they're demons, they still ended up purchasing something.
Rui picked out a choco banana while Senjuro chose taiyaki.

After they walked around playing games and eating whatever they could get their hand on and afford.
At one point they both played a game and won stuffed animals, agreeing to give them to Muzan.

Soon it was about time for the firework show to start. And just like he said, Muzan came and collected the boys. Surprised when they showed him the toys.
The three demons made their way through the crowd and perched themselves on a hill along with other people.

They exchanged words before a loud boom was heard followed by crinkling and the night sky being lit up by an array of brightly colored lights.
The young demon's eyes widened in astonishment.

It was breathtaking.

There was another loud boom and crackles before the sky lit up again.
"Woah.." Senjuro was at a lost for words.
He turned to Muzan and flashed him the biggest smile he could do before turning back around.

Muzan felt a sense of pride and care well up inside him.
He pats the boy on the head as they continued to watch the light show.

This was nice.

This felt free.

Author's Note
AHAHA I LOVE THIS SJFKODF
So so so sorry this took some days to post I just couldn't build to motivation to write.
I also realized halfway through that I could've picked Akaza instead of Rui for this chapter but oh well!!
I hope you enjoyed reading and if you did please comment and vote!

Word Count:
918