VI: Sun Walker

Senjuro was walking through a lively town, buying small gifts for the upper moons, Muzan and Rui.

He walked carrying a white wagasa umbrella shading him slightly from the sun that beats down on the small countryside town.
He was looking over several spider-designed rings and hairpins when he sensed an all too familiar presence.

He ignored the feeling and paid for the jewelry with a soft smile, thanking the old lady softly before walking away from the stand.
He walked down the bustling streets, looking around at all the different stands.

Senjuro's stomach growled slightly as he caught the whiff of manju.

"One won't hurt." He mumbles to himself as he walks over to the stand and waits patiently in line.

Once it was his turn, he ordered and paid for the food.
As he moved out of the line he inhaled deeply, taking in the delicious scent of the manju.

"Patience, stomach," Senjuro mumbled, finding a vacant bench to sit on.
He sat his small bag down at his feet and held the treat up in both hands while smiling slightly.

As he took a bite he felt that same watchful gaze.
Unlike Muzan or Daki, Senjuro couldn't change his appearance so his unnatural skin stood out in a crowd like a sore thumb so he chalked it up to eyes simply gazing at his fiery skin.

The flavors of the manju melted on his tongue, bringing a small smile to his face as he let out a tiny satisfied hum.
'Totally worth it.' He thought knowing he was just going to vomit the human food back up later.

He continued eating the confection gradually forgetting about the eyes that watched him.

Kyojuro's P.O.V

How?

I must be seeing things but nothing can be mistaken for that tempura hair.

How is he outside at this time of day?!

He'll burn to death.

Why isn't he seeking shelter away from the sun?

Why isn't the sun burning him?

3rd Person P.O.V

Kyojuro watched with wide eyes, he had come to the small town to buy some food for his severely injured father but instead, he was standing there like a deer in headlights staring at the demon boy who was walking under the soft kiss light of the sun.

'How is he not dying?' Kyojuro thought to himself as he followed the boy from a distance.

He watched as the boy bought a charm and then a snack.

It was like he was a regular kid.
The sun seemed to have no effects on him as he ate happily.

He had to report this to the master yet he hadn't even realized he had walked closer to the boy until he was met by the younger halfway.

Kyojuro couldn't get a word out before he was pulled into the shadows of the alleyway and had thin arms wrapped around his torso.

"Hello aniue." The younger one spoke, burying his face in the hashira's stomach.

Kyojuro didn't have to hesitate as he wrapped his strong arms tightly around Senjuro.

"Hello Senjuro." His voice cracked slightly and Senjuro laughed.

His laugh.

He missed it so much.

It was just like their mother’s.

Soft and gentle like spring air.

"I missed you so much. The others are saying you're dangerous and do not engage with you but they don't know." Rengoku looked down at Senjuro who was looking up at him.

"They don't know you like I do. You're not a monster." Rengoku held back tears as he smiled at the younger boy.

Senjuro's eyes began to become puffy and his vision was blurred with tears.

"Do you still think I'm a good person?" Senjuro asked his own voice cracking.

"Yes, I know you're a good person," Rengoku answered with confidence. Nothing Senjuro could do could change the way Kyojuro saw him.

"Now," Rengoku stood and wiped the tears from Senjuro's face.
"Come on, let's enjoy the day."

Senjuro nodded and held his brother's hand as they walked out of the alley and back into the sun.

Rengoku glanced down at the demon who didn't flinch when the sun touched him.

He'd ask about that another time.

Author's Note

Ahaha it's been a while 💀💀 mental health go brrr. I'll try to post another chapter or 2 this month

Word Count:
733