Chapter Two

Shortly after I was diagnosed with depression, just at the start of my freshman year my Mother was still trying to push me into socializing. Like making friends would make me happy. After the divorce, she picked up any side jobs she could get, and wasn't home as much as she wanted. Of course by this time my sister was already long gone, and my dad had been gone for about two years so my Mother was worried I had no one.

My Mother hear from some ladies she was catering with that our Homecoming dance  that weekend which of course I had no intention telling her. She then proceded to surprise me and take me dress shopping. It was a big thing for her because this was the only mother-daughter time we ever had, minus the therapy sessions. So of course to make her happy, I went along with it. I let her give me the whold package. At first I assumed it would be just a dress and maybe a pair of shoes, but she decided it wasn't enough. Then there was nails, hair, makeup and even waxing. About eight hundred dollars later, she dropped me off in front of the smelly gymnasium that the dance was being held in.

I had pretended to walk to to the gym until her car was out of sight, then I walked to the track and sat on the bleachers. My plan was to hide out there for three hours, than stand in front of the gym like I had been there the whole time. After about an hour my butt started to become numb from the metal bleachers and my lips were so chapped from the wind I could hardly move them, so I decided to go into the gym and sit until the dance was over.

I decided to go through the back door, because it was much closer to the track than the front door, and it would bring very little attention to me. No sooner then I opened the door to the gym a bucket of green paint was spilled on my head. I was absolutly humiliated, and confused. Later that week I found out it was a prank for the football team captain arranged by the quarterback and I just was in the wrong place at the wrong time. But in that moment, all I could see were a thousand kids laughing at me. Of course a few seconds later teachers rushed across the floor to get me and help clean me up, but the humiliation didn't stop there. Even after seven showers and a whole bottle of shampoo, I couldn't get the green tint out of my hair.

I was still forced to go to school that Monday because Lisa insisted, "Running from problems, only makes them worse." She also decided dying my hair was running away as well.

Because he was the quarterback of our football team- and state championships we're that following weekend- somehow the student responsible for my humiliation and green hair only got a day of after school detention. Apparently he used his punishment to hook up with the cheer captain in the library.

The worse part is, he didn't feel bad at all for what he did and neither did anyone else. I was a nobody and nothing I felt or did mattered, but he became a legend for creating "The Green Giant."

Before the incident, I was pretty good at going un-noticed and hiding the fact I was 6'1, but thanks to my green hair, and millions of pictures from the dance posted on every social media imaginable, I couldn't hide anymore. So therefore I became known as the Green Giant.

After weeks of torment, my Mother finally gave into all the begging and let me dye my hair back to its normal shade. Around this time, My Mother also found a more supporting job so we moved a few towns over leaving behind my reputation as "The Green Giant" and I had a chance to start over and become a nobody again.

Now as I stand here with not only the door, but my mouth hanging wide open, I stare at the boy standing in front of me.

"Green Giant, I never thought I would see you again." he said, with a smirk on his face.

I never could remember his name, but I would never forget the face. Just seconds after the paint spilled on my head, the quarterback emerged expecting to see his captain but instead saw me. And that same face was the same one I saw now, standing in my door way with this God awful grin on his face as if to say, Did you miss me?

 "Sebastian, is that you?" Called Mrs.Weathers voice from the dining room.

"Do you mind, giant?"

 I gave him the nastiest look I could manage, but in return I just got a laugh. Then I spun on my heels and stomped to the dining room with Sebastian Weathers trailing behind me.