Chapter Seven

The next morning I took advantage of Isabelle's offer to drive me to school, and I slept in. The plan was to sleep an extra ten minutes, but somehow I ended up sleeping an extra forty-five. I woke up to a pounding at the front door.

I looked at the clock and it read, 8:03. I decided to just stay home from school today. Going back to bed sounded really nice at the moment. But first I had to get the front door, because whoever was on the other side would not stop knocking. I trudged down the hallway to the front door, rubbing my eyes as I walked.

I opened the door to a perfect looking Isabelle anxiously tapping her foot.

"Oh my God I'm so -"

"Your obviously not blowing me off, because you didn't ride the bus either." she said pulling the sunglasses off her eyes and using them to push her long, perfectly straight hair back.

"I over slept."

"Of course you did." Her phone buzzed and she instantly begun moving her fingers across the keyboard. "Get ready. We're already late, so we might as well get breakfast on the way to school."

I was honestly pretty happy she was asking me to get breakfast for her but I said, "I'm just staying home."

"That sounds even better." her eyes moved off her phone just long enough to look at me. "I wasn't feeling school either." She started walking into my house.

"You can't stay." It came out sounding a lot worse than I meant, but if it upset Isabelle, she showed no sign of it.

"And why not?" Isabelle was still making her way down the hall as she said this.

"It's your second day of school." I searched through my brain, struggling to think of valid reasons. "Your parents will be mad." Why did I say that. Someone like Isabelle doesn't care about their parents approval.

"Yeah, that's why they won't be finding out."

Writers Note : I'm aware how short this chapter is, and I apologize. Sadly I have been super busy, and have a lack of time to work on Simply Sam. But thank you all for staying with me and reading this far. Tomorrow is a free day for me so chapter eight will be fairly long.

Please feel free to leave comments and likes. And it would mean so much to me if you told friends about my story !

Thank you all so much !