018 the breaking point

"And you call me up again
just to BREAK me like a promise
So casually cruel in the name of bein' HONEST
I'm a crumpled-up piece of paper lyin' here"

all too well
taylor swift

the next morning, the pogues were still at the chateau waiting on john b who still had yet to come back from his fishing trip. jj and cali were dipping their legs into the hot tub while pope and kie were checking the equipment for the gold.

"well jj, i gotta say, the hot tub...not all that bad." cali told the boy as she swung her legs gently in the warm water.

"why thank you cali." jj smiled at her.

"mmm, at least one of your plans didn't turn out that bad." she laughed but stopped suddenly as she felt water hit her face after jj had splashed her. she stopped her self answering back, knowing it's would only end in a water fight leaving everyone soaked.

"i'll get you back for that." she warned, glaring at him

"i welcome that challenge."

"how's it feeling?" pope shouted up to kiara as she sat in the bucket as he lifted it up in the air with the rope hanging around the large tree

"feels good." kiara answered, moving slightly to check its strength.

"alright, i'm taking you down." pope began to loosen the rope as the girl began to lower down to the ground.

"john b pullin a houdini." jj said as there was still no sign of their friend.

"yeah, where is he?" pope asked "i got my scholarship interview tomorrow morning. we gotta get this done."

"i don't know but he'd want to hurry." cali said looking out onto the horizon. "the suns beginning to set."

"speak of the devil. hey!" jj laughed as john b came walking through the garden from the water. he didn't say anything as he walked towards the house, past the pogues. "dude, i set up the entire winch to pull up the gold and everything."

"no he did not!" pope yelled. "i did that."

"wait john b." kiara said worryingly as they walked over to the hot tub in front of the door. john b didn't stop however. he stormed into the house.

"okay that's it?" jj asks, looking at the rest of them.

"uh, what's that all about?" pope said confused as the screen door banged shut.

"i was gonna ask you the same question." jj said as he and cali got out of the hot tub, slipping into their sandals and they all followed the boy into the house.

john b was practically tearing the place apart, searching for something. they all stood and watched him as he opened and closed all the draws and cabinets. "you alright man?" pope asked. "what's up?"

"what are you looking for?" kiara questioned as he stormed over to the couch, lifting up the cushions and throwing them off to the side.

"john b what's going on?" cali asked as the boy continued to wreck the place. john b pulled his hand back up from under the couch, looking down at the gun.

"john b, what do you need the gun for?" jj ran forward. john b turned around, trying to take a step forward but jj grabbed him and tried to stop him. "talk to us man!"

john b still didn't speak, only pushed jj harshly down onto the sofa bed.

"john b chill!" kiara shouted at him. cali ran forward and help jj stand, afraid that john b could've hurt him more while pope slid in front of john b in attempts to stop him.