6. Author- @Charu0526

The gloomy atmosphere seemed to envelope the entire palace. The normally vibrant and bustling corridors were eerily quiet. Nothing was in place in Dwarka. Sambh's heart was heavy with emotion as he stood on the balcony, staring out at the vibrant sunset that painted the sky with hues of orange and pink. Tears streamed down his cheeks, his chest heaving with each ragged breath. The tears were not just a manifestation of grief, but also a mix of regret, sorrow, frustration, and anger, all swirling within him like a tempestuous storm.

"I know, I know Suryadeva that I have committed a great mistake, no, a sin, a sin which costed the essence of my Dwarka and I do regret and this isn't a thing to be resolved in seconds but my father's silence is eating me from inside,"

For Sambh, each sunset appeared to be a loss of hope to get his father back, who was chirpy. It's been a month since the curse of rishi Durvasa had turned into reality and all he received from his father was silence.

He clenched his neck and pressed his lips.

Summoning all his courage, Sambh made his way towards his father's chamber, his footsteps echoing through the deserted corridors. Sambh felt as if he was walking on a tightrope made of thin, fragile ice as he made his way to his father's chamber, each step feeling like it could shatter the delicate balance he was trying to maintain.

When he entered the chamber, he found Krishna standing in front of the window, silently watching the sun dip below the horizon. His father's expression was a mask of stoic calmness, a stark contrast to Sambh's emotional turmoil.

He couldn't dare to make eye contact with his father. In the dark silence, Krishna heard the soft echoes of his son's footsteps, he could sense the presence of his son, he could feel his aura but couldn't bring himself to speak to him. Sambh's eyes saw his lost essence of life in the sunset whereas Krishna could see the approaching storm which would loom over Dwarka, perishing the Yadu clan.

Sambh faked a cough to gain his attention. Krishna, without a word , poured the water into the glass and handed it to Sambh. He didn't look at him. Sambh placed the glass near the plant pot and neared Krishna.

Sambh's voice broke through his thoughts, "Pitashree, please! It's been a month. Pitashree, I know that I have done a grave mistake, but Pitashree, your silence is unbearable, slap me, scold me, beat me, but please don't be silent," Sambh's voice was becoming heavier. He was like a wilted flower, drooping in the face of his father's disappointment.

Krishna stood stern, his face appeared as if he didn't bother about Sambh. He looked like an isolated person from the whole world, trying to attain nirvana.  But only Krishna knew his inner turmoil. He constantly questioned his upbringing.

"Did I not give him adequate time, did I ever neglect teaching him values and morals of life? Where did I go wrong?" He questioned himself.

His silence was the only way to compose himself, he explored his each and every trait as a father, he constantly searched for the area where he failed as a father.

"Pitashree, please! "Pitashree, I promise, I won't ever be rude to an ant, too, you are so hurt and displeased with my acts, I know. Punish me, make me stand in the sun, barefoot as you used to do in my childhood whenever I used to do something stupid but please, at least take my name," Sambh cried, cupping Krishna's palm as Krishna used to do in Sambh's childhood.

Krishna, who was melting away due to his son's emotional state, turned to face him to find him sobbing.

Sambh crumpled to the ground, his body wracked with sobs. He knelt before his father, feeling like a small child in need of comfort. His hands shook as he reached out to touch Krishna's feet.