5. Author- @MidnightWonderers

(Warning: Mild usage of slangs)

Charudeha sighed staring at white walls before him. He the prince of Dwarka the eldest son of Krishna and Jambavati was standing outside the palace of Matsya. Planning to sneak in through the balcony. Why you ask?

It is all because of that sneaky manipulative shit also known as his little sister Charumati. He groaned as he recalled the happenings of earlier.

Flashback

Charudeha tip toed through the hallway carefully hiding from the eyes of the soldiers and maids as he made his way towards the kitchen. Sighing with relief as he finally made it in. He hid behind one of the pillars as his eyes wandered around the kitchen till, they finally settled on a certain princess. A smile crept up his face seeing her struggle to reach the jar of spice kept on the shelf above. He chuckled as he saw her huffing and unconsciously pouting after failing to reach the jar for the fourth time. Making sure the way was clear he slowly crept up behind her carefully wrapping his arms around her waist and lifting her up.

Bhargavi yelped as she was suddenly lifted in the air. Closing her eyes as if waiting for the impact of a fall. When nothing happened, she opened her eyes to look at the one who had dared to do such a thing. Only to be met with hazel brown eyes of her lover looking lovingly at her. He smiled and motioned her to take what she needed.

After picking off the items she required she was gently let down by Charudeha. Carefully keeping the jars on the floor, she turned around to thank him. She was met by his handsome face just slightly away from her's. His eyes staring keenly at her and his arms still rapped around her waist. "Kumar koi aa jayega." She told him hoping he will let go scared about the consequences of someone seeing them together. But instead of letting go Charudeha pulled her closer till their faces were only inches apart from each other. Bhargavi's breath hitched and a slight blush crept up her cheeks realizing their closeness. They both stared at each other eyes full of love.

But their beautiful moment was interrupted by Charumati who had walked in on them and oh so helpfully called Subhadra and Jambavati. The three of them cleared their throats bringing the lovers out of their trance. Upon seeing them Bhargavi and Charudeha immediately separated and awkwardly stood next to each other.

Subhadra and Jambavati looked at each other and smiled at the moment only them, Charumati, Revati, Krishna and the other asth bharya's knew about the love affair of their children. "Deha apne apko thora niyantran me rakho. Wo to accha hai mai aur Bhadra the warna agar sanyogavash Bhrata Arjun ya Manyu hote to ab tak tum zameen ke do feet niche hote." Jambavati said grinning at flustered face of her son.

Subhadra too teased her daughter "Nahi bhabhi Bhargu ko bhi to dekhiye apne premi ke bina raha nahi jaraha." Bhargavi blushed a bright shade of red. Getting teased by your mother and possible mother-in-law wasn't something new but it was also not something she will ever get used too.

The three of them continued to tease the two lovers before warning them to be careful and possibly stay away from each other till they talked about their wedding.

Present Time

So, did Charudeha take their advice? About being careful yes. But about staying away from his priye? Absolutely not! That is the reason he is now standing under the balcony of Bhargavi's room trying to sneak into the room at the middle of the night as his lovely bua had increased the security outside her daughter's room to prevent such things from happening.

Tying his angivastra he carefully climbed the tree corresponding to her room's balcony. After making it to the top he took a deep breath before jumping on her balcony. Thanking Narayan as he safely landed on it. Pyaar ke chakr me rajkumar se chorkumar ban gaya! Sahi kaha tha kisi ne ye pyaar ka chakkar bada khatrnak hai. He thought to himself before dusting himself and sneaking into his priye's room.

Immediately upon entering he was met by the smell of Champa one of Bhargavi's favourite flowers that she loved using to decorate her room. He crept up behind a pillar and looked at his hriday combing her hair lost in thoughts. The light in room was very dim apart from the light of the moon, there were only three diyas illuminating the room. But to him it looked like his Chandrika glowed brighter than the moon itself. She looked heavenly with her black hair open flowing freely in the wind, her dusky skin glowed in the moon light, her doe eyes closed as her lashes rested over rosie cheeks.

He smiled. Bhargavi was beautiful just like her mother a beauty with brains and brave. He loved her so much she was his heartbeat, his breath, he always wanted to protect and cherish her always she was his and his only. He remembered the first time he had seen her in Dwarka with his sisters playing and laughing. He had just returned from gurukul and was surprised to see his friend grown into a beautiful young maiden. The last time he had seen her she was just a little girl his friend so naive innocent unaware of the dangers of the world. But now she stood before him grown in wise, clever, innocent yet a dangerous woman. He remembered them talking for hours, writing letters, stealing glances whenever they could. How scared she was at first after all her traumatic experiences it was expected. After lots of talking, convincing, crying here they are at last madly in love with each other. Willing to kill or die for each other. But what if it all went wrong...again?

Charudeha snapped out of his thoughts shaking his head to clear all the unpleasant thoughts and slowly crept up to Bhargavi. When he was right behind her, he took a necklace out of his pocket and placed it on her neck. The feeling of cold metal on her skin made Bhargavi snap out of her thoughts. She looked in the mirror to find the eyes of lover looking back at her. She smiled at him and he smiled back. This man made him feel safe the first one to do so after her fathers and brothers. He taught her how to love again that she was more than just a pretty face. He made her feel loved and special with everything he did. She started falling for him from the first time she had seen him but a doubt a fear was always there. What if he was also like..them?

Bhargavi shook her head to get rid of the unpleasant thoughts and focus all her attention on her pakshi premi. He was lovingly looking at her before taking out a mangtika and placing it one her head. Surprised Bhargavi turned around he usually brought gifts but never these many. But Charudeha only smiled at her and gently taking her hand he made her bangles followed by bending down and placing a pair of payal on her feet. Then when she thought he was done he pulled her closer by the waist and made her wear kamarband.

Shocked by the number of presents Bhargavi looked at Charudeha "Ye sab kyu Kumar?" She asked confused. Charudeha smiled turning her around making her look at herself in the mirror. "16 shringar janti ho? Humare dharm me dulhan ko mata Lakshmi aur mata Shakti ka roop mana gaya hai. Apne shadi ke waqt ladkiya 16 shringar karti hai, apni shadi shuda jivan ki shuruat ke samay. Yeh is divya saundarya ka utsav hota hai." He explained ornamenting her with earrings, nose ring and an armlet. He continued "Mai apni dulhan ka 16 shringar kar raha hu. Isme galat kya hai?" He finished satisfied after applying khol in her eyes and a bindi on her fore head. He back hugged her staring lovingly at her reflection in the mirror. "Par ye galat baat hai janam din to apka ane wala hai." Bhargavi complained not liking the fact that Charudeha was the one spoiling her on his birthday. "Mujhe pehle hi sabse acha uphaar mil chuka hai!" He stated smiling. "Kya?" She asked confused. "Tum!" He declared pulling her closer to him.

Bhargavi turned a bright shade of red she closed her eyes feeling the closeness of their bodies. But once again their moment was interrupted by her lovely innocent bhrata Abhimanyu. Who was knocking on the door asking her to open it. Panicking she quickly asked Charudeha to leave which he gladly did, not wanting to die by the hands of his bestfriend especially before his marriage.

As he was leaving, he huffed "Yaha sabko romance se allergy hai jab dekho tab mere romance ki watt laga dete hai." But just then he heard the lovely voice that made all his frustration fade away. "Subh ratri natha!" She called him 'natha' he wanted to scream his joy but it was followed by the voice of his best friend. "Bhargu Charu ne kaha usne tumhari kamre me chuha dekha! Kaha hai wo?" He groaned of course that was the work of the manipulative little...

Here's the direct link to her account MidnightWonderers in case you might want to read her other works.