1. Author- @himani1411

The war of Mahabharata was on the dawn yet one attempt for peace was required. Everyone knew the war was inevitable. Yet they wanted to try a last attempt to prevent such a blood shed. Vasudev Krishn himself became the peace envoy for the Pandavas. He was the only one, who was fair to all and was respected equally by both sides.

The night before his journey to Hastinapur, he was in his room with the eldest pandava, when his beloved sister's sweet voice interrupted their conversation.

"Bhratasree!" Both men looked towards the door to see the ever smiling face of Krishnanuja.

"Subhadre..! Bahar dwar pe kyu khadi ho...?" Vasudev Krishn said.
(Why are you standing at the door?)

"I'm.." she stopped looking at Yudhishthir.

"You can come in, Subhadra." Yudhishthir said. "I was just finishing up with Vasudev. He is all yours now."

"Jyesth bhrata.. will you be kind enough and wait a little while.. I wanted to talk to both of you." Subhadra said walking in.

"Of course.." Yudhishthir said while patiently waiting to hear what the woman had to say.

"Bhratasree you are going to Hastinapur tomorrow... Can you take me with you?" Subhadra asked.

"You want to go to Hastinapur with me.. Sure. If Jyesth allows." Krishn said very well understanding what was in his sister's mind.

"Can I go, Jyesth bhrata?" Subhadra asked.

" Of course Subhadra, but why?" Yudhishthir asked.

"There will be war soon. And I know whatever Bhrata Krishn do.. he can't prevent it. Everyone there will stand opposite to us. So for the last time I want to meet them without conflict of interest." Subhadra said. "And Mata is also there. I'll bring her back."

"True indeed. Did Parth give permission to go?" Krishn asked.

"He doesn't know yet. That's why I asked Jyesth bhrata. And you already said I can go." Subhadra said. Krishn chuckled at his sister's wit.

"Inki soumyata dekh kabhi kabhi hum sab bhul jate hain ki ye hain to apki hi behen Vasudev. You trapped me in my own words Subhadra." Subhadra smiled with rossy cheeks. "You can go. I'll talk to Arjun."

(Looking at her tenderness, we often forget she is your sister Vasudev.)

"Thank you Jyesth bhrata.." 

"Subhadre.  Jao aur prasthan ki tayari karo." Vasudev Krishn said. Subhadra greeted both of them before leaving.
(Subhadre.. prepare for journey.)

*Subhadra's room*

          Upon returning from her brother, all of her children were waiting for her in her room. Not only Abhimanyu and Bhargavi but all Droupadi's children too. The sons and daughters of Panchali knew Subhadra as their mother because she foster them during the exile of their fathers. She was the mother to all. They were all waiting to talk her out of going, and she knew it.

"It's a pleasant surprise... I rarely see you all at one place." Subhadra said casually coming in.

"Maa... We know what you are intending on doing.." the Eldest of them Prativindhya said.

"Oh.. news travel incredibly fast. I was just uttered my wishes minutes ago. Who told you?" Subhadra asked folding her arms infront of her. Bhargavi raised her arm timidly.

"I'm sorry Maa.. I swear I didn't mean to eavesdrop. I accidentally heard you talking to Taatshree and Mamashree. Then it was such a big news I couldn't help myself and told Pragati and pragyna jiji and eventually everyone else." She said.