!𝐘/𝐍! 𝐱 𝐂𝐲𝐧𝐨, 𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐬

Y/N had postponed their journey back home for months now... Since working in the Akademiya as a famous Scholar studying astrology, plenty of their colleagues asked for assistance in their lower level thesis and projects. It was far past sunset when they left the library with a young lady who needed help with her presentation for her astrology class. She noticed Y/N redesigning an older variation of her famous "star tracker." 

Being known for their kindness, Y/N couldn't bare to decline a struggling student. Even if it put their journey on delay for another hour... Or six. 

Y/N looked up at the stars twinkling in the night sky, deciding to change their first stop to Pardis Dhyai since it's risky to travel all the way to Aaru Village, in the cloak of night. "Another late night, Y/N?" Another student greeted them as they passed by. "The stars don't seem to be giving any prophecies or fortunes tonight," Y/N muttered to themselves, clutching the strap of their over-shoulder bag. 

Y/N thought back to the plan devised to free a god; they remembered Cyno appearing at their door hours before the mission. "Tell me their fortune, Y/N... I need to know."  Y/N remembered his voice was hoarse as if he just finished a screaming match. She vaguely remembered sitting up from her bed and walking toward Cyno standing in her doorway. "Come with me,"  They mumbled still weary from sleep. Cyno backed up underneath the stars, with Y/N standing in front of them. Their pyro vision gleamed on the silver chain around her neck. 

In their memory, Y/N dipped her palms upward to the stars, and flames rose from her palms shaping a diagram of the universal stars... "Hey!" The scholar swiveled around, miles away from Pardis Dhyai, and what tore them from their memory, was a group of grumpy hoarders circling Y/N. 

"Uh... I- I don't have any mora to give you," Y/N muttered as they slowly lifted their palm upward to the stars. "Surely stuck-up Akademiya scholars have some mora on them!" Another hoarder shouted with an ugly grin. Y/N backed away from one of the nearing hoarder, "Make this easier for all of us, will you?" 

Y/N lashed out a circle of flames as defense from their physical attacks... Until a flash of lightning reigned down on all the hoarders. Y/N blinked at all the hoarders were ashes on ashes, "Are you... Are you okay, Y/N?" He strode toward her, with his large polearm now dissolving into the abyss. 

Y/N's shield fell, and they began to tremble. "How did you find me?" The Mahamatra tilted his head to the right and chuckled. "I've been watching over you since you left Sumeru City," Cyno now hovered close to Y/N. "The forest is dangerous to tread alone at night, as is the desert."

Cyno looked into Y/N's eyes and smiled, "I will escort you back to Aaru Village, and stay until your miniature vacation is fulfilled."

Cyno invited himself along the Scholar's journey; even if he was extremely cautious... Once the sun began to rise, they arrived at the desert sand. "Are you okay to continue your travels or must we stop?" Cyno asked coming to a halt before stepping onto the steaming sand. 

"I'll be fine," Y/N muttered looking away from the blazing sun. Cyno sighed, shaking his head, "I assumed you'd say that."

Before Y/N couldn't move, Cyno had them in his arms, with their chests pressed together and his hands under their thighs. "Stubborn fool." Cyno cursed as he began to walk into the desert in the direction of Aaru Village. "Rest, Y/N. We've got a long way to till your home." 

Y/N sighed, resting their chin on his shoulder. "Thank you," Y/N mumbled, closing their tired eyes. Before drifting asleep, Y/N felt Cyno lift them up a tad higher and felt his cold hands grip their thighs, keeping them upright. "Sleep well, Y/N."