Part 1

Jimin drew his legs together,trying to focus his eyes onto his green hide high knee boots,the one his mother had given him for this very special occasion.They shone against the sun falling over the ceiling above him.A priest was walking around the hall,amongst the ministers and guards,singing loudly.An old hymn to call on higher order beings to come and bless.To the side,sat his father,head in his hands and staring at the ground just like him.His mother was two minutes close to breaking down.She might be the queen of Caseidon, but was also a mother of three and she was going to bid goodbye to her eldest.His sisters were somewhere in the crowd and he assumed,father did not want them to be seen too much.

"Stand up!",The priest sang and Jimin hadn't noticed the man coming to stand infront of them.Jimin slowly stood up and the priest backed off,inviting him and his to be husband to the centre.The King of Pelmore came down next to Jimin's father and laughed,"Cheer up,dear comrade.We are not going to kill your son.We are making him consort to our future king"

Jimin's father smiled low,"If it had happened in any other way,I might have.Now,it only feels like am pawning him"
"Both of us could not afford a war but nor can we suppress the anger of our people against each other.You must consider it a boon that the head priest found another solution.We would treat him like he lived in Caseidon"

The Caseidon king ignored the bite in the other's voice and sighed at his son,"I am praying,my son do not get locked in a loveless marriage"
The King of Pelamore only groaned.Jimin knelt infront of the kings with his fiance, right next to him.
"Prince Taehyung of Kim clan,swear on our ancestors and the greatest of warriors,would you protect Prince Jimin of Park clan to the very end of your lives,in all his chaos and calmness?"
Jimin closed his eyes tight as Taehyung spoke,"If that's what pays Pelamore's peace"
"Be nice ,Taehyung",His father laughed,noone else even batted an eye.
"Prince Jimin of Park Clan,Would you love and support Prince Taehyung of Kim clan until the end of your moons,be a dutiful husband and the most trusted to the future king of Pelamore?"
There was silence and Jimin wanted to cry,his heart was beating heavily letting him know of the doom that was following.He looked up at the priest standing over the dias ,his wide eyes stuck to the ceiling as he waited.

"Jimin",His mother warned him,from the side.

'heavens,you owe me peace to Caseidon',Jimin prayed.

"I would support him,till the end of my moons",Jimin said and the priest rejoiced,loudly.
"The power of all Gods announce you to be eternally binded to one another,may your soul be entwined in a way that can't part",He gestured at Taehyung and Taehyung leant forward to press a small kiss on Jimin's cheek,before shedding the ceremonial gown and gently placing it over Jimin, a part of the ritual.Jimin stood up,holding Taehyung's hands to come up facing him.

He was Prince Taehyung's forth this day.

..

Loud music played from the end of the hall and the patrons fell into heavy conversation,some loudly calling out for the newly weds.Some drunk and out of their senses to even remember they were in the presence of royalty.Some hunched to corners and deep in discussions.

"You left 'love' out", Taehyung mumbled lowly.Jimin had to take a moment before turning to look at his new husband.Their hands had been tangled together since their knots were tied.
"What?"
"The head priest asked if you would love and support me ,you only said that you would support me", Taehyung looked annoyed,as having to explain it.His eyes refused to leave Jimin and it made Jimin feel naked and vulnerable under his gaze.
Jimin let go of Taehyung's hand and faced upfront at the crowd,"What did you expect I'd say when you said you would protect me only for the sake of peace? Do I spill my love over the ballrooms,waiting for you to pick it up?"

"True", Taehyung mumbled back as he turned Jimin in his arms,hands swiftly pulling around the elder's waist.Jimin was really athletic,has a strong core and was best at archery and sword dancing but Taehyung made him feel small and it had nothing to do with their height difference.He looked up at Taehyung,eyebrows knitted together.

"Maybe you wouldn't know until you spill it.You wouldn't know if I'd pick it up until you spill your love",spoke Taehyung.
"I would look like a fool"
"Both of us already does! We are the centerpieces of this circus,how could you miss the clownery?"
"Taehyung,let me go.It is hurting"

Taehyung loosened his grip on Jimin's waist immediately,"I wasn't aware,I apologize"

"Do you despise me?"
"I do not.I wouldn't be surprised if you would though"
"Meaning?"
"Our countries had been on each other's throats for centuries and centuries and we wished each other's perish.Now that every resources ran out and we could not do nothing but hold hands is why we stand here.Your people still hate our's,you still hate me"
"I do not hate without reasons"
"I do not,either"

Jimin eased as Taehyung softly ran his hands over Jimin's waist where he had clutched earlier and Jimin wet his lips anxiously,"I suppose you do not love without reasons too?"
"I wouldn't know about love,I am not quite acquainted with the feeling"

Jimin waited ,his mother's face had a sense of relief seeing that Taehyung was treating her son well.
"How long do we need to act like we are in love?",Jimin piped up,feeling lightly hurt at the way Taehyung's hand stilled at his side.But it returned almost immediately.
"Until your personal guard doesn't look at me like am going to slay you in bed", Taehyung hummed low causing Jimin to turn at his gaurd,Ser Jeon,glaring intently at Taehyung.Jimin gave him a slight nod to stand down and Jungkook stepped back.

"But I pray,we might not need to put up this act for so long"
"Why?",Jimin turned back at him,"You intend to break this union?"
"No,That is not something I can do.I was wondering if you did spill your love in ballrooms and I did pick them up,we would not have to act and be", Taehyung said it so easily that Jimin had to blink few times to understand the weight of his words.Was he mocking him?
"Are you telling me you might grow to like me?",Jimin had to ask.
"I wouldn't know,dear beloved.I might grow to loathe you too..I am just saying I can not tell you what feelings I hold for you right now.It could go either way"

For that Jimin nodded,that was indeed true.But Jimin couldn't look at Taehyung and feel the same,he wouldn't ever grow to like Taehyung,not when his father had tricked their kingdom into giving away their crown prince.The fruit doesn't fall far, Taehyung would just be as heartless as his father for sure.

"Smile a little,it is our wedding day after all", Taehyung whispered close.

a/n:welcome my dear readers,this au will have a large update gap since am concentrating on sod mostly..but am excited,let me kno..let me know your first thoughts?!!

here's the cover for a better view,i edited it out a while ago