Part 3

The next morning,Jimin woke upto someone walking around the chamber and his first thought was that it was his husband and he found no reason to get up and greet him.It is not like they shared any affection towards each other so he stayed buried under his huge blankets but then there was a small soft breath in a woman's voice coming closer to him.He suddenly became aware of the foreign presence and drew the knife from under his pillow and swiftly pulled the woman around to place it on her neck.The woman whimpered lowly,shaking in fear,dropping the pitcher in her hand.
"Who are you?",Jimin asked,his eyes following the rolling pitcher.
"Mi..miho,your royal highness.I..I take care of Prince Taehyung.I am a simple maid...please...",Miho cried,her voice barely rising over her scared breathing.

"Let go of her,she is of no harm", Taehyung calmly said,as he stepped out of the adjacent room.Jimin send a glance to the girl and back to his husband and let her go.The girl immediately bowed several times between the princes and apologized,Jimin was too preoccupied to properly apologize or accept her's.When the girl left,the Caseidon prince fell back to the bed.He was tired and could already feel the beginning of a headache.
"Wash up,We are required to go to the prayer woods and announce our union to the ancestors and old Gods", Taehyung said and Jimin squinted at him.Water was dripping off Taehyung's long curls to his bare chest.Jimin raised his head to look past Taehyung to the room he had just stepped out from.

"I had a bathe room attached to the chambers,you are allowed to use it", Taehyung simply said,following Jimin's line of sight.Jimin pushed himself off the bed once again,he had no choice but to clean up himself.Both Caseidon and Pelamore served the same old Gods,so it was upon him to also go present himself.

The wash room had a wooden tub and washbasin and Jimin was thankful for that.He did not appreciate going out of the room so early ,to washup.He dropped his robes onto the cold floor once he locked the door and stepped into the tub.The steam was rising in the room and Jimin had half a mind to lay his thoughts to rest and soak himself for longer hours.Only minutes passed,or had it been an hour,before he heard a knock on the door and was broken out of his reverie.

"Yes?"
"The maids are here to dress you",It was Taehyung again.Jimin sighed,he wasn't going to let any Pelamoreans close to him at all.He had given his father his word.
"I could dress myself,Leave the robes",He called back as he stepped out of the tub,splashing water onto the floor.There was only Taehyung in the chamber again when Jimin got dressed.
"You can go ahead",Jimin commented,sending a glance to his waiting husband and Taehyung only hummed but didn't move or attempt to leave.Jimin looked at himself one more time on the mirror,he looked perfect ,handsome,and even had a pinch of light on his face.'Newly weds glow',his great grandmother had said befor he left Caseidon and he shook his head.

He turned around to see Taehyung standing up close,"what-"
"Your crown", Taehyung said,before stepping more closer and leaning down to pick up Jimin's crown resting on the soft velvet cushion.He carefully placed it over Jimin's soft brown locks and the Caseidon prince looked up at the way the younger's lips twisted in focus.

Taehyung,the crown prince of Pelamore.The first and the only son His majesty Kim Hoshin borne.There was no dispute over his beauty,even the Caseidon artists found their muse in him.He carried himself like he had command over all the land but he was mysterious as opposed to Jimin,who wore his heart on his sleeves.The first time,Jimin met Taehyung was when they were only thirteen,toeing into their teen years.They had met when the easterners held an event for the Princes of all 34 kingdoms.Caseidon king didn't even put his son's name in,claiming him to be too young but Taehyung's name was in the lots.He won every contests single handedly, beating the elder princes who had trained more than Taehyung himself.

Jimin had watched in awe,hesitating to applaud cause the King's first gaurd told him Pelamoreans are the reason people of Caseidon suffered every summer in heat with no water and food.Jimin was taught to not be Taehyung's companion but the twist of fates had brought him inside the said man's chambers as his husband.The irony!

Jimin bowed once,twice and thrice infront of the giant grandfather tree,it's branches showered red flowers upon them.Jimin sat back on his legs and brought his hands together,closing his eyes and wishing peace upon his kingdom and all the land.The prayer woods only had him and his husband at the moment.His husband leaving immediately after he had bowed along Jimin,announcing their union.Jimin got up and turned around to see Taehyung walking ahead,slowly among the sacred trees.He just watched Taehyung disappear into the depths.

"Your mind is chaotic",He heard a voice behind him.It had him stumble back in fear.He steadied himself to see an old woman,clothed in a simple white silk, covering her entirety.Her greying hair danced in the slow breeze.She moved closer to the chief tree,placed her hand over it and closed her eyes.She was chanting something under her breath for several minutes and finally stepped back to face Jimin again.
"I appease and offer prayers to the old Gods",The woman replied to Jimin's unasked question.

"I thought the head priest-"
"Him!! A sly man who doesn't know his prayers right",the woman laughed,"He can have the kingdom fooled,not me",She gestured Jimin to join her on a low bench,near the tree.
"He was the one who said peace will prevail if the princes of the kingdoms marry",Jimin said and the woman fell silent,her eyes devoid of any emotion.She reached for Jimin's hand and said low,"You are pure hearted,the one who will be hurt.I offer service to Gods and not Kings so I could tell you this..that the intention was not peace..never peace"

Jimin's eyebrows furrowed,mouth falling open,"I do not understand -"
"Godmother,I was looking for you", Taehyung's voice came through their side and by minutes,he was standing next to Jimin.Taehyung walked swiftly when he wanted.

"I see you have met my beloved husband"
"Yes,dear.He is a sweetheart",The woman said,standing up to reach forward to hold Taehyung's hand for a minute.Jimin did not know what kind of relationship she shared with the crown prince,nor did he understand why she was telling him things she shouldn't be allowed to.
"We will then take our leave", Taehyung's hands reached between Jimin's and interlocked between his fingers.
"Taehyung,my sweet child,danger awaits for the both of you in the castle walls of Pelamore.Beware"

Taehyung did not say anything,he did not even nod.He just bowed and took his leave.
"Prince Jimin,come visit me when you are troubled",she called after.

"Who is she?", Jimin's question slowed down the younger and he mumbled,"My Godmother,the midwife took me to her right after I was born even before my father and mother could see me"
"oh! Was she a priestess?"
"No..she offers only in the prayer woods"
"Was she consulted for our wedding?"
"I do not know"

Jimin fell silent and Taehyung had to stop and turn around to check.
"Do you think the Pelamoreans were playing a trick?"
"No..I was just-"
"I have seen this face before", Taehyung cut in.
"Huh?",Jimin looked up confused.
"The conflict in your eyes,when you were confused whether to applaud me or not when I won the games years ago"
"You've seen me?",Jimin did not address Taehyung's claim.
"You are really hard to miss", Taehyung gave a small smile,before slipping his hands out of Jimin's now that they were inside the castle.

A/n:your comments are my motivation so....