𝑋𝑋𝐼𝑉

'Eight billion hearts in the world and yet I fell for the heart that will break me'

Alexander King.

A name that radiates danger and implements fear even in the hearts of the strongest men alive. His reputation was as dark and powerful as his name and it was no lie that he was even more scary than his reputation.

He after all got The Empire mafia to where it was today. All the previous leaders no matter how much they tried they never managed to achieve what Alexander King did in just a few years. Yet, despite all this glory, he was still a good and gentle father, a total opposite to the personality that he showed to the world.

And that's probably why Jason was unbothered as he sat in front of his father's desk and under his watchful eyes.

"He got you pretty bad" His dad said, gesturing towards his injured face.

"It's not as bad as it looks, he already got his teeth pulled out for that and now he's six feet under the ground"

"The money?"

"The fucker was dealing with human trafficking, he confessed seconds before his heart was torn out. I handed the money to Mason and you already know all of this I don't know why you bother asking"

Alexander sighed and got up from his chair then proceeded to take a seat on the couch next to Jason.

"Your mother told me about Lily"

"And?" Jason asked defensively and clenched his jaw.

"I'm not going to lecture you about staying away from her , I just don't want you to get hurt and lose your heart with her"

"I've already lost it to her, she owns it now. She had owned it since the moment I met her, but I didn't know back then. I don't care about my heart breaking, it's hers to break it and I would be damned if I leave her because of her illness."

Jason abruptly stood up and left his dad's office after saying those words out loud. He doesn't like showing emotions and saying that out loud and in front if his father made him feel strange.

As Jason stormed out of the house and into his car he slammed the car's door closed and closed his eyes while resting his head back on the seat.

The moment of peace and calmness was shortly cut as his phone ringtone went off making him grunt in annoyance. His mood quickly changed and his heart fluttered in his chest as Lily's name appeared on his phone's screen.

"Hey, Fiore"

"Jason" Lily frantically whispered, her voice laced with fear.

"Lily? What happened? Are you okay?" Jason straightened up at the sound of her frightened tone.

"There's someone in my house" Lily whispered so quietly Jason almost didn't catch what she said.

"Lil, listen to me baby. Where are you right now?"

"I'm in my bedroom, b-but I can hear someone downstairs and my parents left to the city they won't be back until almost midnight"

"Okay, bambina lock your door and get into your bathroom and lock it. I'm already on my way to you , almost there. Don't open your door at all until I get to you and stay quiet, can you do that for me baby?"