I

Tomoko looked down at the uniform on her bed as she sat in her chair.

'I don't have the right to wear this anymore, not if I can't be a hero...' she thought to herself "what's the point of going on?" She asked herself, hoping that someone or something would show her the answer.

Nothing

Her life felt dull, she used to be so cheerful, managing to find beauty and joy in everything but even the things she loves most brought her no emotion anymore.

The tears welled in her eyes as she curled up into a fetal position. Maybe if she just went to sleep she would feel better when she woke up. Or maybe it'd be better if the latter part didn't happen at all.

It would be so peaceful, not to have to worry about all the things in her life that made her feel so... alone? Awful? There were too many negative emotions flowing through her body to pick any of them out.

It had been almost a week since she had awoke from her coma after being rescued from that mysterious villain, and she hadn't left her room once.

She had heard what two of the pussycats were saying about her multiple times, it just hurt so bad to know that both Ryuko and Shino didn't think she should continue hero work, and no matter how many times Yawara had told them that her quirk had nothing to do with her fighting ability they wouldn't listen.

Until she experienced it firsthand Tomoko never realized how deep rooted and internalized quirkism was in their society, from who she used to call her closest friends to all the media outlets talking about how this was something she would never come back from.

Oh how fast a community turns on someone the second they stop fitting the mold.

*knock knock*

"Yes?" Tomoko said flatly

"Auntie... can I come in?" Asked Kota from the other side of the door "I wanna talk with you, for serious this time, no jokes"

Tomoko clicked open the lock on her door and opened it, Kota bursting in and hugging her.
"I was scared for you auntie, not just after you got taken but right now too"

"Oh Kota, you're so sweet but I'm fine, this is a problem I need to work out on my own. But I promise I'll be fine"

"Are you really gonna leave like Auntie Shino says you should?"

"No I- well I don't... I- uh" she began to choke on her words as the tears from earlier began to return "I'm sorry Kota" she said hugging him back like he did to her. "But right now I just wanna be alone"

The boy looked down, "can you at least go out? Big T says it's not good to be cooped up in your room for so long"

"Yeah Kota sure, I'll take a visit to the city later, maybe I can go get a new manga to cheer me up" she said, secretly trying to gas herself up and get excited... nothing again

"Ok... well I'm gonna video chat with Midoriya, I hope you feel better Auntie" Kota said slowly walking out of the room.

Ragdoll slumped back down in her chair, 'maybe I SHOULD go into the city...'

<Timeskip brought to you by Kota dressing in Izuku's hero uniform for Halloween>

She should not have come to the city.

After the media had accidentally leaked her name and civilian face post-raid Tomoko didn't realize how many people would recognize her on the street.

Normally she would be ecstatic to greet fans and people that would recognize her but today she didn't feel it at all. She heard the whispers from the bystanders that were out and about as well as the stares from all the patrolling heroes that she passed.

And now here she was. Unable to cope with all the things that had happened to her in recent weeks. Ready to leap off the roof of the building she stood atop. Talking to the very same quirkless boy that had saved Shino's nephew.

Quirkless? Oh I forgot to mention, Izuku never received One for All, he didn't need it. Confused? Ok fine let's go back a decade and a half...

Enter Izuku Midoriya
____________________________

Been a while but yes, I'm alive still lol. Comment and let me know if you want me to continue this story and have an outstanding rest of your day
                -0kHomie