VII

Izuku silently strolled across the arena towards a terrified Shinso.

He knew his quirk's gimmick and he didn't plan on giving in to the incessant taunting coming from this piece of trash's mouth.

"You're garbage! Pure quirkless garbage! Why do you get a spot in the hero course when I don't huh? You got money? I know it's not because your family loves you, you foul pile of quirkless dog shi-"

And with one left hook the quirkist student was in the wall of the arena, completely unconscious.

Izuku kept his face cool, not wanting to even give Shinso the satisfaction of knowing he was getting to him. Not that it would matter at the moment since Shinso was completely unconscious.

The crowd cheered, clearly unaware of what Izuku had just heard from the purple haired boy. So Izuku took initiative, painting a bright smile across his face for the audience and waving to them all as he walked out of the arena.

<Timeskip brought to you by the kitty I feed every day on my college campus>

Kota sat in his seat watching intently as Izuku lunged and dived out of the way of each blast of ice Todoroki sent at him. Izuku was yelling something, and Kota strained himself to hear.

"-you take it for granted! Your life could have been a million times worse but you got lucky-"

"SHUT UP" screamed Todoroki, his voice ringing across the stadium as a blast of flame ignited Todoroki's left side.

Izuku dashed in close, only to jump straight up as Todoroki sent a much larger ice attack at him. Izuku begin to fall down, aiming a punch at Todoroki.

Todoroki shot a large wave of flame up, trying to force Izuku to dodge instead of following through with his attack. But to Kota's surprise, and horror, Izuku took the flame head on, continuing his path downward before socking Todoroki square in the nose.

The audience went silent as a wave of smoke and dust flew around the stadium. Kota watched as the dust cleared, and his eyes lit up at the sight he saw.

Todoroki lay on the ground of the arena outside the ring, and in the middle of the ring stood Izuku, covered in burns and barely standing.

A few moments passed in complete silence before Izuku raised his fist in the sky in triumph. The audience began cheering, Kota jumping up and down in excitement and cheering. Izuku looked around the stands slowly, before making eye contact with Kota, giving him a grin and thumbs up.

And then he collapsed, blood pooling under him.

The cheers died down fast, Snipe dropping his mic and running over. Todoroki also pulled himself to his feet, stumbling over to Izuku. Todoroki moved Izuku to a sitting position so Snipe could get a better idea of what had happened.

Kota sat frozen in the stands looking down at the boy who had been so kind to him prior, even after he shat on his hopes and dreams.

And for the first time since the incident, Kota began to cry. Shino reached over, pulling him into her stomach to make sure he wouldn't see any more of what was going on and Ryuko sat silently, her hands over her mouth.

Izuku's bleeding body was covered in cuts from shards of ice and burns from... well... the fire. As other administrators followed into the arena Izuku was quickly stabilized and taken off to recovery girl.

Ryuko snapped out of her trance only to realize that the two seats on the other side of her were empty.

//////////

Yawara Chatora, the pro hero Tiger, sat outside the bathroom on the inside of the arena.

"Yo Tomoko, you goo-"

"BLAAAAGH" a loud retching noise from inside the bathroom answered Tiger's question before he could finish asking it.

The sound of vomit splashing into the toilet was heard before Ragdoll spoke up.

"Yawara..." Ragdoll choked out, "I'm fine. Can you... can you see if Izuku is okay?"

"Tomoko he's gonna be completely fine. There's no way he's gonna die or anything" Tiger said in a reassuring manner "Heh just our luck we finally find that kid from years ago and now he's going right back to the hospital. Just like that same night"

"Heh. Maybe we're just that unlucky" Ragdoll chuckled quietly from the other side of the bathroom door, Tiger hearing her scramble back to the toilet, vomiting once again. "Who would've thought my first time seeing that poor kid in forever would go down like that"

"Yeah that Todoroki kid took it too far, he should've been more careful with Midoriya given that he's quirkless" said Tiger shaking his head

"Ahem, I'm not any weaker physically just because I don't have a quirk. That's pretty degrading"

Tiger's head snapped towards the hall the voice came from, and in all his bruised up and tired glory, stood Izuku

////////////////////

Short chapter I know but I don't wanna leave y'all with nothing
    -0kHomie