V

"...and in this time of crisis we will show these villains that we aren't scared of them, the sports festival must go on" finished spoke Snipe into the microphone "Normally Midnight would've been the announcer but she's going through some rough times and we ask for all of your forgiveness, and without further ado, let the obstacle race BEGIN!"

The crowd applauded as the students rushed forward, and out of the tunnel first was none other than a boy with a large tuft of green hair.

The determined look on his face had the spectators cheering him on as he ran down the path, both Bakugo and Todoroki on his tail, with Iida not far behind. He turned back around after checking his 6 to be met with a familiar face, the zero pointer from the entrance exam.

Izuku knew better than to try and take it on this time, as it would only lose him the race, and so he ran between the two treads that served as it's replacement feet.

'Hmph they got smarter' smirked Izuku thinking about what he'd done to deal with the last one that had actual legs. 'Guess UA took some initiative after I took one out in the entrance exam'

He kept sprinting forward, behind him a wave of cold air sent a chill down his spine. He exhaled, his breath visible, and turned his head back to the robots only to see them all encased in ice.

"Hmm Todoroki seems to be having it easy" Izuku said to himself, keeping his pace steady. He looked towards the next obstacle, seeing a sign indicating a minefield.

Normally this would take a while to navigate without setting off mines but Izuku figured out something rather quick with his impressive analysis of the subtle traces of refilled holes, not slowing down opting to find a way through without losing speed.

'Obviously they have to have a decent amount of spacing as leaving them too close would cause a chain reaction, hmm they seem to be automatically dug and placed in a pattern so...' he looked at the almost unnoticeable spacing between the mines "That's the footwork I need" he muttered to himself, running straight into the first row of mines, doing a repeated two quick steps then a long one, and it worked!

(In the staff booth)

"I need to randomize the placement next time" groaned power loader, letting his head slump

(Back to Izuku)

Izuku cleared the minefield by the time the Bakugo and Todoroki made it to the start of it, Izuku guessed the bots gave them a bit of trouble despite the artificial glacier launched at them.

Izuku skidded to a stop as he looked ahead once again, looking into a large pit ahead of him.

He spotted the small islands scattered around the void and, after backing up and getting a running start, Izuku hurled himself as far as he could, rolling into a sprint after hitting the island, repeating the action until the final gap which he lunged as far as he could, but not far enough, falling for a second before his hand caught a chunk of rock sticking out the side of the cliff.

Swinging himself back and forth faster and faster, and finally thrusting himself upwards. Grabbing the ledge he pulled himself up and over, scrambling to his feet and continuing to run. The finish line was in sight after all.

But as he ran he heard firecrackers approaching. Even if Bakugo was his homeboy he wasn't about to just let him win the race.

Right as Bakugo flew past him, Izuku rushed to the left. He ducked under his explosions, and grabbed his friend by his feet, causing him to fall to the ground as he lost momentum.

"Sorry Kacchan"

"You suck"

Izuku swung Bakugo by the legs behind him, sending him flying into Todoroki causing them both to collapse. And so it was sealed.

The crowd went wild as the boy who completed the obstacle race without using his quirk, burst across the finish line, followed by Todoroki and then Bakugo both a few second after him.

Snipe's voice on the loudspeakers rang across the stadium "AND THE WINNER OF THE FIRST ROUND OF THE UA SPORTS FESTIVAL IS IZUKU MIDORIYAAAAAAA!"
_________________________

Another shit chapter
-0kHomie