8

"Mother I will watch, get some rest" I said as I sat down next to her as she watched over Aewtney "are you sure?" "Yes please rest" "thankyou."

I sat by the fire watching over Aewtneys half dead body, watching his chest rise and fall slowly and with each breath followed his raspy cough of pain. He was asleep, mother had done as much as she could but we still had to pray that he would make it. He wasn't in best shape and I had my doubts but as I said he is a fighter I'm sure he will push threw. I watched over him silently surrounded by the dark night and the orange glow from the fire as I sure his eyes shot open followed by a fit of painful heavy breathing "it's ok, I'm here" I said as I knelt beside him gently dabbing a wet cloth over his forehead that was covered in sweat "y/n" he wheezed out "don't try talk, just rest" I said touching his hand reassuringly, he fell back into his sleep quickly and I was left there drowning in my own thoughts. Many hours passed and I was close to falling asleep "y/n" I heard a soft voice whisper "Jake, what are you doing up?" "I could ask you the same question" he said sitting down beside me trying to be quite "I told mother I'd watch him while she rests" "don't you need rest?" "I will once she wakes up" "how is he?" "Better than what he was, thought still in bad shape" we watched him silently.

Jakes pov
She watched him silently while I watched her, her face was full of concern I could see it in her eyes and how they were illuminated by the orange flames. We just sat and watched we didn't talk, she lay her head on my shoulder I could feel her body temperature and her soft hair "get some sleep" I whispered and with that I looked down and she was deep in her slumber. She looked relaxed, I think that's the first time I've ever seen her look like that.
—————————————————————————
"Morning" Jake said as my eyes opened "how long did I sleep?" "Not long, your mothers awake she's just having breakfast" "good" I said as I knelt over Aewtney checking everything was still the same "he looks better today" I said "he's healing" "I'm happy for him, we may not like him but he does not deserve this" "I agree no one deserves this" "Ah there you two are, keeping her company were you Jake?" My mother said as she walked in "yes I was" "very good now you two have some hunting to do" "yes mother" I said as we both got up. "I'll meet you after breakfast" Jake said before walking off.

"So you and Jake sully getting very close don't you think?" Ninat said coming up to me "we're friends yes" "hmm" "what are you hmming about?" I said laughing "you seem very fond of him" "he's nice" "usually you would say he's a dick and now he's nice" "yes people can change" "you hated him, he killed your father" "no he didn't" "you always blamed it on him" "well I was wrong" "wow you admiring you were wrong you've really" "shut up, I have to go hunting now" "with Jake?" "Yes" "have fun" she said smirking as I walked off rolling my eyes. "What was all that about?" Jake said coming over to me "nothing just joking" "oh ok, you ready" "yep"

We walked silently through the forest trying not to scare off our prey "there" I whispered as we both bent down to hide "you or me?" I said "what?" He asked confused, I rolled my eyes "do you want to catch it or should I?" "You found it you catch it" "very well" I said pulling back my bow and holding my breath before releasing the arrow and my breath "nice" Jake said proudly as I got a clean hit "thanks."

We caught some more then decided to head back "you know you hold your breath when you pull back you arrow" "do I?" "Yes I've noticed it" "every time you pull it back and hold your breath then when you release the arrow you release your breath" "hm I didn't notice I did that" "I did" "when you shoot you breath heavily" "No I don't" "yes you do, I'm surprised you don't scare it off by how loud you breath" he smiled. "When I first came here why didn't you kill me?" He asked, "bit of a deep question" I said laughing "answer it" "well I was going to but then" I stopped myself thinking "but then?" "But then I stopped" "why?" "Because Ewya told me to" "how?" "What's with the questions" I said laughing "I just want to know" "I don't know she just told me to" "hm" "why do you want to know?" "I just do" "what did you think when you first saw me?" I asked curiously "intimidating at first but then you didn't kill me" I laughed "really?" "Well you did just appear out of nowhere and killed loads of viper wolfs and then ran off" "I didn't know you why would I stay?" "If you didn't know me why did you save me?" "I don't know"