Prologue.

"You are under arrest."

I froze as I held my towel that the healers gave me to keep me warm. I watched him panic and looked confused as he was dragged by the soldiers. As much as I wanted to stand up and speak up for him, I couldn't. We are both 10 years old so we can't do much. We're just kids.

"Ha?" he asked. "Bakit ako?! Wala akong kasalanan!" sigaw niya at pilit siyang pinapalakad palayo sa amin. He looked at me with a worried look as if he was telling me to help him out. "Ask her! We were just playing and-"

"Keep your mouth shut, kid," a soldier said.

"Kid?! How dare you talk to me like that?! I'm the Prince of Regu-"

I was surprised when another soldier suddenly covered his mouth with cloth and tied up his hands. His shiny royal clothes were filled with dirt and scratches. I saw him pleading with tears in his eyes. He was dragged like some kind of animal while being hit with a thick whip for being noisy.

I was about to stand up, but my mother stopped me. I have no idea how to help him. I am not from Regulon. I am from Virtius.

I am just a kid like him.

Our eyes were locked at each other just before he was put into a cell just behind the carriage. He held onto the metal bars and began to cry out, but I couldn't really hear much after his mouth was covered by a dirty cloth.