08

I climbed back to the staircase, and I began to realize that the routes were getting harder. I maintained this small ball of fire beside me kasi wala na yung torch na dala ko kanina. I stumbled another staircase and this time, hindi na ako pumasok. I continued walking at napatigil ako nang may napansin akong maraming dugo sa paligid. It looked like someone was killed here maliciously, to the point na napakaraming dugong nakakalat rito.

Naabutan ko ang mga lamang loob ng halos apat o limang participant. If I'm not mistaken, sila ata yung kumausap sa akin. What happened to them? What kind of monster killed them Lumapit ako at napansin kong pinutol talaga sila ng isang bagay na matalim. Knives or Swords, or even spears can't do this kind of cuts. A sharp thread will do though. There is no way another participant killed them, right?

Hindi ko na iyon pinansin at linagpasan ko na sila at nagpatuloy ako sa paglakad. It's been a couple of hours since I entered, 12 hours to be exact. Marami-rami na rin akong natakasan na traps. From rumbling roofs, solving impossible riddles, unexpected levers, boiling water and oil, cascade of spikes, and even poisonous monsters. Each progress I make deems danger and I cannot get away from it. I even tried to stay in one place but these dungeon keeps moving as if it's alive. 

With each passing moment, the air grew heavier, thick with the scent of ancient magic and the faint tang of danger. The flickering flames danced eerily against the obsidian walls, casting shifting shadows that seemed to twist and coil like living entities. My heart pounded as I pressed forward, the dim light barely illuminating the labyrinthine corridors of the dungeon. Every step echoed with a haunting resonance, the sound reverberating through the desolate halls like the whispers of long-forgotten spirits.

I noticed a small chamber around the corner, and I decided to stop. I glanced at it and my curiosity is kicking in. The moment I took a step inside, a gush of wind hit me and sure enough, the chamber closed on its own and I'm trapped in this dark hallway. I began to hear crackling sounds that sounded like broken bones. The stench of decay hangs heavy in the air as skeletal guardians rise from their slumber to test the mettle of intruders. I smiled nervously at umatras ako ng kaunti.

"I guess Azner was right," I mumbled to myself at bigla nalang may gumapang sa kamay ko. "Vines, huh," I whispered as I watched the vines covered my arm, allowing my arm to bled like crazy because it had thorns. Nabitawan ko ang binigay ni Azner kanina at nahulog ito sa sahig. It broke and a small essence escaped from it. It's not like I need some help from him. 

I'm just unlucky just as he said.

Not even a minute have passed, and a strong explosion busted near me. The walls broke at yumanig pa ang buong chamber. I coughed because of the dust at napatingin ako sa sirang wall. Azner's glowing eyes locked on mine as he was holding a skull.

"Yo," I smiled at him. "Guess who's unlucky?" I asked and I rolled my eyes. I got startled when I saw someone else with him. I can barely sense an essence in him at hindi ko siya napansin kung hindi ko siya nakita. Tall and lithe, with piercing eyes that seem to pierce through the veil of reality itself. Clad in attire that seamlessly combines the elegance of formal wear with the practicality of tactical gear. His wardrobe is a symphony of blacks and greys, each garment meticulously chosen to allow for maximum mobility and concealment of weapons. But perhaps most intriguing of all is the small symbol hanging in his ear which looked like an earring.

"Just as you guessed," I replied with a smirk. I mean, what else I can do? I'm trapped and I can't move. These vines are making my limbs numb. "He-" I paused at napatingin siya sa kasama niya.